Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default been over 24hrs since I last V* but im VERY afraid

I havent v* for about 30 hours, but i've read online that you can relapse. I just began eating food today, and it's making me VERY n*. I am very afraid that I will v* again. Even drinking ginger ale is still making me n*. I took a day off of school today and I really need to attend tomorrow due to exams and I'm worried about v* in school. I REALLY just need to know whether I am in the clear or not. I've been eating rice, pretzels and I had a donut (silly of me).

Default Re: been over 24hrs since I last V* but im VERY afraid

you prob won't again but your stomach will be sensitive for a few days. you may get n and prob will have loose poo for a few days until it clears out. think of it as that annoying ex gir/boyfriend who you break up with but still has some crap at your house, so he/she annoys you with a few texts a day and insists on coming by one more time. it takes a few days. eat gently, avoid spicy/salty/heavy dairy and do the BRAT diet. no donuts. can you get some toast or dry cereal? pretzels are salty as hell. just take off a day or two and lay around. ginger is fine but can you get some gatorade or vitamin water (if you are in the US) or similar if you are overseas? that always makes me feel 10 times better, for some reason. the potassium and electrolytes do wonders for your stomach and your whole body.

Default Re: been over 24hrs since I last V* but im VERY afraid

Probably a very rare chance. just eat light. dry cereal, dry toast, plain rice, ginger ale or 7 up, nothing acidic.