Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Exclamation Help sister just threw up and i'm fighting off a huge panic attack

This past Thursday our whole family of 7 (one adult, 5 younger siblings ages 15-7) took a trip where I was forced to share everything with my sister. A room, a bathroom, a car seat, a plane seat, etc. Today (the day after we got back), my sister threw up. I do have my own room at our house, but I'm scared it's too late, especially considering I was biting my nails all afternoon (a bad habit) because I didn't know she was sick. This is gross, but I also picked my nose. However, she wasn't home all day because she went to a summer camp (all of this is before she threw up). The second I had to hear her projectile vomit (the horrible barking noise, hearing it splatter all over the wood floor, and kind of echo...) I freaked out and have been in my room for about an hour. I have 5 younger siblings and none of them are particularly hygienic, as in once another person catches it, it'll spread like crazy. I'm so scared and idk how to keep from catching it or if I already could have it cause I taste vomit or bile or stomach acid or something in the back of my mouth. Please help me!!!!

Default Re: Help sister just threw up and i'm fighting off a huge panic attack

Hi, oh boy, that's a hard one when you have younger siblings. Could there be any other reason she was sick? Maybe overdoing it at camp? There could be lots of reasons, not necessarily a sv. How is she now? I would just stay really clean, sleep in another room...you can't catch it before she shows symptoms. See how she is, if she's not sick anymore then you all should be okay. Let us know.

I agree with andee. Running around in the heat during summer camp could have easily caused her to feel n* resulting in her v*ing. Update us when you can!

hang in there! fingers crossed it's not a bug

Hopefully it's not a bug but if it is - it's not too late for you to stay healthy. She wouldn't really be spreading the virus until after she showed symptoms (so the first time she v* or had d* if she had it at all). Sadly it's hard to really control the spread with younger kids especially when you're not the one in charge of them but you can definitely take precautions for yourself. Keep your hands washed, keep your distance, don't touch your face or bite your nails anymore, etc. Try to keep the common areas of your home as clean as possible and encourage the other family members to help you so that no germs spread.

Again, it's likely that she was sick from something other than a virus but even if it does turn out to be that - you're far from doomed. Good luck, you'll get through this!