Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I know there is a hightened risk of sv's in the winter period. What are the months roughly where there is a greater risk? I will start counting down now!!!!

SV's are present all throughout the year, but, yes they tend to be more prevalent in the winter months for a variety of reasons. I think usually by April, you are in the clear. However, I think alot has to do with the weather. As soon as the warmer weather hits, people spend more time outside and less time in stores, malls, movie theaters, etc. I hear you on the counting down part. I wish that we could all just wear protective suits and masks all the time, that way, no germs.
    <a href=\"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    src=\"http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10731;130/st/2 0070423/e/My+Caribbean+Cruise/k/3909/event.png\"></a&gt ; ; ;

would love to be protect!!! I find december is the worst month which is a shame because I want to enjoy the countdown to xmas and over the xmas period. Im so much more anxious over decemeber.

Wouldn't it be great if we could all wear protective suits and not get germs? I know we would look like freaks, but what a great idea. Maybe we could market an EMET costume and it could have all we need to stay germ free. I wonder if others would buy it??? There are enough of us to make it marketable, but if we aren't strange enough already, that would do it.!!
    TRY to live each day like it were your last

lol yea im sure there would be a lot of us that would get one. what a relief it would be to have one.

I have to say I've never been worried about SVs in winter, I guess I'm lucky! It's just because I don't think it's any more likely to affect me nowthan any other time. I generally manage to avoid bugs, certainly in recent years, and I put that down to a really good balanced diet! I do believe by making sure I get all the vitamins I need and eating regularly I have avoided getting ill.

SV season in the northern hemispher is from October through April. A pretty long time. Yuck.

Stella

Quote Originally Posted by kylie_0607
    I know there is a hightened risk of sv's in the winter period. What are the months roughly where there is a greater risk? I will start counting down now!!!!

I KNOW THAT PEOPLE ARE AT RISK AT THE BEGINNING OF WINTER AND SPRING!

i always countdown the days in january cuz that's the last time i had a sv.
    ♥Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks to sarah140 for my avatar and Fiona for my siggie

\"We can\'t help everyone. But everyone can help someone\"

Whats an sv? i signed up about 5 mins ago and I'm so relieved to find i'm not the only one! i'm guessing its "stomach virus"? theres one going roung our house at the moment. thats why i'm up at this ridiculous time trying to find ways to avoid it on the net! anyone got any tips??

Who's got it, and what are their symptoms?
    ~Sheri~

my brother had it, he was up all night v*ing and with d* and my sister who had the same, i haven't gone back home yet so i don't know if anyone else has it.

I've managed to avoid sv's (you're right it stands for stomach virus) going around my house just by avoided the person who is ill, compulsive handwashing and keeping my hands away from my face and mouth. Just do your best to avoid being in the same room of someone who has been sick. I'm sorry you're going through this, I know how you feel, but it will be over soon and life will go on! Best wishes to you.[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    ~Sheri~

Thankyou so much! its so good to hear someone sympathising for what has been something people have made fun of me for most of my life. my sister is in the next room and i went in to say hi then she told me that she had caught what we all thought was an allergy to fish! its almost as if there and then i could smell bacteria in the room. luckily the person who started it isat my home in sheffield sothats one person i don't have to worry about! thankyou again andknow that you are the first person tohave been nice to meabout what i now know has aname!

Quote Originally Posted by gubba
    Wouldn't it be great if we could all wear protective suits and not get germs? I know we would look like freaks, but what a great idea. Maybe we could market an EMET costume and it could have all we need to stay germ free. I wonder if others would buy it??? There are enough of us to make it marketable, but if we aren't strange enough already, that would do it.!!

LOL i can just pictue us in protectivie suits and nose warmers (see other topic for details[img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img])
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching.

Do you have more than one bathroom? I always try to get the person who's sick to use one bathroom. I keep Lysol and bleach water in my bathrooms.

I stay away for them like the others said.

SV season around here seems to be November - April. It seems very bad in December for some reason, although I've known people to get it in just about every single month of the year. I LOVE summer!!!!!!!!!!
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11