Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: swimming?

Default swimming?

We went to the water slides today. All was fine and dandy until we went to the bathroom... I'll save you from the details but I figured someone must have been s*. I washed my daughter's and my hands and we ran out of the bathroom. Then we were walking passed the small waiting pool and it was closed off, while they were fishing stuff out of the pool. We never went in that pool but I can't help but think what if we get s* from that. What if people tracked particles or something out of the pool into another.
    There is definitely cloriene in the pools. Would that kill all the germs??

Default Re: swimming?

sooo unlikely. kids v or poop all the time at pools. not likely that anything was tracked and I am sure you showered after you got home? chlorine is like bleach, I think, so it would kill stuff.

a story for you - we were at an indoor pool 3 years ago and a teenager had been jumping around and v all over the pool about 20 feet from my son. it took us about a minute to get to the edge. it was everywhere. I grabbed my son and ran in the bathroom and we showered but my now ex fiance laughed and didn't shower himself. none of us got anything.

Thank you for your story. We hhaven't had a chance yet but I'm definitely having a shower before bed. Just the thought is nasty =/

Yeah, the purpose of chlorine is to keep the water clean of bacteria. Also, chances are the throw up is from a child taking in a mouthful of water, choking and gagging and then throwing up. It would happen to my brother all the time ugh.

I really hope so! I guess that sounds awful... lol. What I mean is... I hope what ever it was... was not contagious lol.

Quote Originally Posted by mamabear93 View Post
    I really hope so! I guess that sounds awful... lol. What I mean is... I hope what ever it was... was not contagious lol.
    I'm confident you all will be ok

The chances are below low that you'd get anything from that. 95% of what they are fishing out of a kiddie pool is poop. We have a pool in our community and a lot of the teens here lifeguard it. The swim diapers aren't absorbent so any poop that's not 100% solid slips out of the sides and they have to clean it up. It happens often! The chance that it was from v* is pretty slim, but if it was, as someone else said, it's from swallowing the chemical water. The chance that someone went to the pool s* and v* is soooooooo low. Think about it, when your child is sick with a sv* you know ahead of time. They are gross and lethargic, nobody takes kids like that to the pool. You are going to be just fine!

You will be fine Public swimming pools and water parks are so heavily chlorinated I'm pretty sure that would kill any germs almost immediately.