Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Heat.

Default Heat.

Hello, this may be relevant to everyone but particularly people in the UK right now - is the heat making everyone n*?

I don't want to eat and all I want to do is drink which leaves me bloated... and the whole thing freaks me out (I freak out if I'm not hungry).

For some reason the heat makes my anxiety so much worse. I think it's partly down to the fact then when I feel anxious or n* or both normally, I have to be as cold as possible but in this heat you can't escape it. Also I'm freaking out about food being refrigerated properly.

Basically I need it to be December!

Default Re: Heat.

Heat makes me so nauseous!!?

I HATE IT!!! I'm laid here with a window open and a fan on, wearing literally nothing (!) and

It's awful! I have a fan on in my room and a window open and I'm literally wearing nothing (!) and I'm still hot. Even though it's 1am in the UK, it's still 23 degrees outside but probably hotter in my room as I'm in an attic conversion. I don't know what else to do to get cool.

I live in Florida so I know all about heat! It helps me to wet some clean wash cloths and refrigerate them for a bit. Then I put them on my neck or stomach. It seems to relax me and help me cool down. Hope it helps you!

Great idea! Thank you! And lucky you living in Florida!

I know a lot of people have their anxiety triggered by the heat. It can happen to me in certain situations as well but usually only in the winter or in the middle of the night.

I get so hot at night (I believe because I grew up with a room that was always freezing cold so anything else feels like a sauna) Aside from go back to my childhood bedroom there isn't much I can do to cool down at night but I do find it helpful to have a fan directly on me. Over time I actually start to get cold and need to cover up. Not quite the same as winter time cold but it helps!

I love the heat. The hotter the better in the summer as far as I'm concerned. Unfortunately, in the part of the US where I am there has not been much heat or sun. It has been raining non-stop and the temps aren't getting out of the 70's. I am a teacher and have the summer off, I have a pool in my backyard, yet I can't use it because it rained just about every day in June. I am hoping for a better July. I'm sorry you are all suffering due to the heat. I am fortunate that I have air conditioning in my home, so if it every does get hot, I'll be cool at night when I am sleeping.

Heat is my main trigger for anxiety. I just cannot take it at all. Though being in my house in front of a fan helps me a lot, plus taking my walks in the later evening.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The knowledge that you one day will conquer this fear, it fills you with determination.

oh yea, I'm almost 8 months pregnant, living in Southern California and I'm DYING! I don't even want to eat...I can't wait till summer is over!

Born and raised in S Nevada heat does absolutely nothing to me! I love summertime! I can even drink all day out in the heat and it doesn't affect me! It was 110 + humidity here today which the humidity is rare!

I had a fan on me all last night! It definitely helped. It's interesting that everyone has different reactions to heat. And I can't imagine being pregnant in it, you poor thing!

i hate feeling overheated. i live in washington so i'm sensitive to any temperature above 75 and it's been really hot lately. cool air helps me to calm down when i'm anxious but it's hot out even at night plus i'm terrified of bugs (all the gigantic moths and mosquitos....UGH) so i can't even step outside for fresh air! i have a fan pointed at me all the time instead. i like summer otherwise but i wish it at least cooled down at nighttime.

God! I HATE (big hate) hot weather. Being 30C were I live, unbearable! I get depressed in the summertime, I am sensitive to heat. The nausea is annoying. I fear getting heatstroke.

The problem with british weather, it goes from one extreme to the other. Heat over here is very humid and suffocating. At least when its cold, you can warm up. But if its hot you cant cool down.

Although thunderstorms that come after hot weather is sooo refreshing! Very relaxing!

Quote Originally Posted by XDark_MinxX View Post
    God! I HATE (big hate) hot weather. Being 30C were I live, unbearable! I get depressed in the summertime, I am sensitive to heat. The nausea is annoying. I fear getting heatstroke.

The problem with british weather, it goes from one extreme to the other. Heat over here is very humid and suffocating. At least when its cold, you can warm up. But if its hot you cant cool down.

Although thunderstorms that come after hot weather is sooo refreshing! Very relaxing!
    Weather in the UK sounds a lot like the weather where I'm from in the USA (Rhode Island) the humidity is horrific and our winters are ungodly cold.

I'm usually really good in the heat, but I'm having a horrible time this summer. It's been unusually hot in Vancouver (Canada), I feel all hot and sticky 24/7, and it doesn't cool down by much at night. I spend a lot of time in SoCal and the heat there doesn't bother me, even when I'm out and active. I've been having horrible nausea from the heat here! I've been chowing down on ginger and anti-emetics, as horrible as that is. Last night I came to the point where I accepted that I may be ill, and was okay with it. I'm hydrated (8 cups of water a day!) and not spending much time in the sun. Craziness!

Sounds like lots of places are having outrageous heatwaves right now. I love warmth, but 32C here is proving to be much different than 32C in California or even Arizona. Wishing it were 24-27, and not as humid. I've been spending a lot of gas money as I've been driving around to use the air conditioner. My apartment is like a sauna, and the fans are doing sh*t all! We've more or less been expecting this, since we had a pretty mild winter. Not that Vancouver winters are extreme anyway. Writing this as I'm trying to subdue a mixture of heat discomfort and "monthly" discomfort. Lovely!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Att våga är att tappa fotfästet en stund, att inte våga är att förlora sig själv."
    "To dare is to lose your foothold for a moment, to not dare is to lose yourself."

Send all your heatwaves to New Jersey. We are having a cool, rain-filled summer so far. It has been horrible. I think I am starting to get moldy!

You can have it. I don't like the cold, but I'm starting to appreciate it a lot more. Would love to be snuggled under my covers right now, but I have cold towels all over me, frozen bedsheets, and a fan on full blast. I'm still frying, it's 11:30pm!

Att våga är att tappa fotfästet en stund, att inte våga är att förlora sig själv."
    "To dare is to lose your foothold for a moment, to not dare is to lose yourself."

Ohmyword yes! Did you know it was 95% humidity on Thursday?! It was in the Midlands, not sure where you are...

Thing is I'm still getting a bit n* sometimes but it stormed horrifically last night and I've woke to warmth again!

Eitherway yeah, parents tryna get me to put on weight by offering me chips and chocolate but I just do NOT fancy it. Also worsened by the fact that I've had a few pregnancy symptoms - what a week! Haha.

Stick a water bottle in the freezer, let it chill throughout the day and have 4-5 a day, this made me hungry and I even snuck a chicken sandwich whilst watching graham Norton!! Something I wouldn't do since I was wayyy heavier haha.

For those who are having real bad heat though, keep Washing your hands in cold..

PS did you catch the thunderstorm?! My room was like a nightclub with the colours of lightning!!!