Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Anxiety--typical IBS or the dreaded sv???

I have been diagnosed with IBS most of my life and panic usually makes it worse. But honestly the last few months I've felt pretty ok and have had some happy days Not much anxiety and I've done a lot of social traveling which is huge for me. I was pretty constipated for about 4 days, finally got a bit of relief last night. I was tired today but looking forward to a great holiday long weekend. Once I got home tonight I had to rush to the potty and ended up having D for about 5 hours now. Cramps still happening and I'm really tired now. I'm so worried I still might v. Just when I think I'm ok and can go to sleep I get the cramping and have to run to D. Now, I also had some major painful bloating this week--not eating well, working long hours, not hydrating. So maybe this is just my body dealing with the constipation? I hate not being rational and just always assuming it's a sv. I just want to go with it and know it will be over soon. Just let it run the course and relax. But what if it just gets worse? I'm supposed to travel with my husband in the car tomorrow afternoon to visit my parents. I really want to see them but I'm afraid i may not feel ok or just be afraid of what if all weekend. I don't want to just stay home in my safe place! I want to learn how to just deal with it like normal people.
    Last edited by jsquared; 07-03-2015 at 12:04 AM.

Default Re: Anxiety--typical IBS or the dreaded sv???

Well I don't think my IBS issues have ever lasted like this. Still cramping and having D. I haven't gotten much sleep. This sucks. What are the odds I can still v? I really wish this would pass and go away. i feel awful Water is the only thing that sounds decent so I'm trying to stay hydrated without going overboard. Hope I can get some sleep soon. I don't want to v

Is anyone awake? It seems to be getting worse not better Like more liquidy. I just want to sleep and wake up feeling better. I hate knowing that even after 12 hours of D that I could v. Please send good vibes that this passes soon. I'm pushing my husband out the door to work so I can be alone. For some reason my anxiety lessens when I feel like this and I'm alone. I just don't want anyone around so I can cope on my own.

i have some Gatorade for later but just doesn't sound appetizing now. So I'm still sipping some water.

Sorry I didn't see this earlier! How are you doing now? Feeling any better?

I have experienced similar symptoms, especially recently. I have found that after being constipated for a while, d* is normal. Think of all the waste that has been building up while you've been constipated. (Not a great mental image, I know lol). And on the off case that this was a bug, you definitely would have v* by now! Hope you're feeling better!

Quote Originally Posted by courtneykay View Post
    Sorry I didn't see this earlier! How are you doing now? Feeling any better?
    Thank you! I was kind of wondering where everyone was
    I'm feeling much better today--still sore and not ready to eat a whole lot, but I haven't had D in over 24 hours now. I never did V but I'm really thinking it was more an intestinal bug than IBS. Not how I wanted to start my long weekend but just glad it's over