Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

Unhappy need some reassurance

i've been a little anxious tonight and i'm unsure why. my mind is racing and telling me i'm feeling "off" (which of course i relate to sv*s) and i just had d* which only made me worry more. aside from the anxiety, i feel mostly fine -- no n*, my stomach feels normal i think, aside from a little hungry. but i'm super worried anyway and it's so annoying! the only things wrong are the "off" feeling, the d*, and the anxiety.

i didn't sleep too well last night (went to bed at 11, woke up at 1, was up until almost 8 before i managed to sleep again) so i took a nap earlier for a few hours and sometimes that makes me feel "off" too during the night. i didn't eat much today aside from cereal (though i wonder if dairy sometimes messes up my stomach? my dad was lactose intolerant when he was younger and sometimes i wonder if i am too, at least a little.) so i'm not exactly sure what the d* is from.

i feel so silly even typing any of this out because it sounds so irrational and eyeroll-worthy but i can't help but worry when even the smallest thing seems wrong. it's really annoying.

Default Re: need some reassurance

If you had a sv* you definitely wouldn't be feeling hungry which you said you were. D* can happen for a number of reasons, doesn't always mean that you are ill. The weird sleeping could make you feel "off", I know it certainly does for me; napping during the day and sleeping at the wrong times always makes my stomach a little odd. The dairy could well have caused the d*, especially as you said you have not eaten much during the day besides that. If stomachs go without food for a while and then have something that is harder to digest i.e. dairy it can most certainly cause d*. The shock of having something to do after being empty for a while makes it go into overdrive, causing d*.
    "Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring" - Marilyn Monroe