Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default A nice opportunity for my emet to kick off

So! Any Britons in here? Or any Americans who have had the symptoms of one-second nausea plus tingly body parts and light headedness?

It appeared at around 5pm yesterday when I had my head down reading a magazine.. I went upstairs and had a humidity headache and strangely, I had zero nausea..I ate a proper meal and all night kept getting this off balance feeling.. But with this feeling comes nausea for a split second..deffo worse cos I'm emet but last night I was at the point where I was sniffing herbal stuff, eating six different kinds of mints and meditating and praying...it actually went away after I had a good talk with myself but it was horrific as you all know!

Anyone know what this might be? Feeling better after hydration but still feeling motion sick for a mini second if I make quick movements

Default Re: A nice opportunity for my emet to kick off

It definitely sounds like anxiety. Tingling or numbing of hands and arms/feet and legs, dizzyness, nausea.. It really sounds exactly like anxiety. I used to think I had blood pressure issues because my anxiety would make me dizzy pretty much around the clock, even when I didn't feel particularly anxious. Just try and identify what your anxiety feels like and try to always assume that it's anxiety, because in 99,9% of cases it is. Even if it feels different and new, it's pretty much always anxiety

Quote Originally Posted by chixy View Post
    It definitely sounds like anxiety. Tingling or numbing of hands and arms/feet and legs, dizzyness, nausea.. It really sounds exactly like anxiety. I used to think I had blood pressure issues because my anxiety would make me dizzy pretty much around the clock, even when I didn't feel particularly anxious. Just try and identify what your anxiety feels like and try to always assume that it's anxiety, because in 99,9% of cases it is. Even if it feels different and new, it's pretty much always anxiety
    Awww thankyou Chixy! I'll keep that in mind, it makes so much sense!!!
    How did you get over your emet??

I'm glad I could help! I made a post about it here: http://www.emetophobia.org/showthrea...ng!&highlight=

You can message me on the chat or on facebook/kik if you want to talk more about it