Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Women....could this one second nausea be plan B effect?

Classic example of the morning after concerning me. Well I wont explain the full story cos its wayyy too long but its been eight weeks since I took it and with a negative pregnancy test and a period in between I've finally learned to relax and wait for my period. However I've had this weird dizzy thing that only seems to happen every now and then and has been there since Wednesday... I thought it was the heat at first but it seems to creep up on me in the afternoon and especially at dinner time , its an unsteady feeling which is almost lightheadedness accompanied by a wave of nausea which is making me not wanna eat. I lost a ton of weight and am 46kg which is probably wrong for a 5'8 woman. My bro said its cos I'm underweight that I feel this but it seems odd.. Plus I'm forcing a good three meals a day and the uneasy feeling is still there.

Could this be a side effect of plan B? :\

Default Re: Women....could this one second nausea be plan B effect?

Yes it could definitely be a side effect. It could also be anxiety. There are been multiple times when I've thought that some sort of medication made me dizzy as a side effect, only to realise in hindsight that it was only anxiety. You don't even have to feel particularly anxious to feel it! The only thing you can do really is to analyse the situation and learn to accept the fact that it's only anxiety. It's kind of scary becuase you're kind of letting go of control by accepting that it's anxiety but it really is the only way I know to get rid of it.
    You should definitely see a doctor or some sort of dietician regarding your weight, 46 kg is not even close to enough if you're 5'8! Please take care of yourself and your body You will feel so much better if you do

Thanks Chixy! Yeah my bro is forcing me these days to eat and eat. After I wrote this I finally got my period after what feels an eternity haha so I can be calm for GOOD now. Just need to stop fixating on the feeling when it comes! Usually is anxiety to be honest... Grrrrrr...il go to the doc if I'm really trying to forget it and its still there but no one seems to have it...not even on Google haha

Thanks for reassurance xx

Eight weeks is way too long for it to be from the plan B. But since it's accompanied by dizziness, maybe go get your ears checked. You could have an inner ear infection without any pain.
    -Jenni

"Look for love and evidence that you're worth keeping." PJ

Sounds like it could definitely be anxiety. I get it from time to time, for no reason at all. Just this weekend it happened. I was standing in the kitchen talking to 2 friends, feeling fine and not thinking about my phobia at all when I got hit with a wave a n* accompanied by whole body tingling, warmth, and light headedness. A few months ago this would have sent me totally panicking but I've noticed that if I just don't focus my energy on it then I feel perfectly fine within seconds to minutes. This sounds similar to what you're experiencing.

I haven't figured out how to prevent it as it doesn't seem to be triggered by anything specific for me, instead I just focus on stopping it as soon as it starts.