Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: I'm frightened

Default I'm frightened

I got really carried away today and ate nothing but ice cream and candy. Now I woke up feeling like v. I haven't actually done that since age 12 and I'm 64 now. All the bad feelings are back. I desperately don't want to tu. I do some dry heaving pretty frequently and I tolerate that without too much trouble. But this is different. So I'm sitting on the edge of my bed waiting for my Zofran and tranquilizer to work, if they are going to.

Default Re: I'm frightened

Your vomit streak is longer than mine. I know you can't see signatures yet, but mine says that I haven't puked in 39 years, 6 months ...

If you've gone 52 years without puking, the chances are very small that you're going to do it tonight. Zofran is very powerful.

Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Were you ok in the end Lizwiz?

That's a very impressive non vomit streak - are you ultra scrupulous with hand hygiene etc or do you think you just have some sort of cast-iron digestive system?

I hope you feel better lizwiz. You did give me some comfort tho, despite your issue.

I am 38 and only v* 5 times in my life, my longest streak being shy of 15 years. Then on new years eve I gut a stomach bug from company who visited even though it had only been a few days since they had the bug. My mom v* first the day before so I starved myself and while it was horrible to do it, I only did it once at the ER before they got me a zofran shot. I tried everything to avoid it... Didn't use the same bathroom, washed my clothes, bathed every night, sprayed my bed with lysol befor bed and in the morning... And I still got it. I think kids are just more contagious cause my mom never gets sick, ever, and she got it too.

So, as we're getting closer to fall, I'm panicking about flu season again big time. It's like, I'm panicking that I'm going to get sick no matter what...

But seeing how long some if you went, gives me hope. I think if I can make it to this time next yr without v*, I'll be more calm.

I hope you're feeling better now, and thanks for giving me a little hope that I can go on a streak again. I'd like to break my 15yr record by oh, 30yrs