Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Partner has a migraine and has V*, need reassurance

Hey guys

My partner suffers from migraines (which his mum has had all her life too). He got one about 2 hours ago at work. He works an hour away from home so had to drive home with this side splitting headache.

He arrived home in tears asking me to stay away as he's v* across the road in a bush. I of course freaked out inside but didn't want to show it, so I asked him to take his clothes off (nothing was on them, but I just went into cleaning mode) and got him in the shower.

He's in bed now and hasn't v* since, but I'm obviously worrying. I haven't felt great today anyway, but I think that's my anxiety.

I just want reassurance that he's v* because of his migraine and not because of some freak bug. He was out last night till 11pm so I think the migraine has been triggered from tiredness. But I'm worrying he might've caught something last night and is getting sick from it? Ugh, it's the middle of July, why am I worrying about bugs?

Default Re: Partner has a migraine and has V*, need reassurance

That sounds awful! Poor guy. We couldn't possibly know what set it off but if he suffers migraines and this has happened before I'm not sure why we'd say it was anything else. I feel really bad for him. Please do all you can to put his needs above your emetophobic needs in a time like this. If he's in tears you have to remember that he's suffering and not feeling well. Cleaning and freaking out can happen later. That's truly awful for him!

N*/v* is very very common with migraines. You're not going to catch anything from him as it's not contagious. Just try to do whatever you can to help him feel better and you'll both be fine! Migraines are no fun at all!

It's very common. I have an aunt who will force herself to v* with a migraine because it relieves the pain for her. It's not contagious. I hope he feels better soon!
    -Jenni

"Look for love and evidence that you're worth keeping." PJ

Definitely the migraine. I get them and I don't know how I DONT v because the n from the pain is miserable. To echo those who posted above me, I know several people who v on purpose to alleviate the pain - I will never be one of thos people!! You're gonna be totally fine, just do your best to care for him as there's no risk of catching anything and he must be in horrible pain.

migraines definitely cause nausea and vomiting, hence why migraine meds like Migraleve contain an anti emetic as well as pain killers. There is actually something happens to the stomach during a migraine that causes the nausea and vomiting it's not solely caused by the pain. I hope he feels better soon it sounds horrible for him. You can't catch anything off him so try not to get too worked up over this.

Hi everyone. Thanks for the messages. I had looked after him and put him to bed before I went on here so I can reassure you I wasn't trying to be selfish with the post. I just wanted some reassurance whilst I was alone over thinking it all.

I was only worrying as he never usually v*, so it threw me off my usual routine when I help him with his migraines.

Thank you all, he's much better now. Just in time for a trip to London!

Brilliant. Well done for looking after him and I'm glad to hear he's better today. Enjoy London!