Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default OT: ASMR Videos for relaxation

Hi Everyone!

I hope you all are doing well. I just wanted to share a personal story about ASMR videos and how they've helped me with Emetophobia. If you don't know what ASMR is it is Autonomous sensory meridian response. It's hard to explain but many of you have probably experienced it once in their lives but didn't quite know what it was. It sounds kind of odd and some think it's sexual but it is not. It is a tingling sensation and a feeling of complete relaxation when you're in the midst of a particular stimuli like someone whispering to you, or nail tapping noises, or getting your hair cut or a massage. I've always experienced ASMR ever since I was young, obviously I didn't know it had a name, but the earliest experience I can remember feeling this total relaxation sensation was when I would go get my hair cut and I would almost be in a type of trance that would either put me to sleep or get me very close to falling asleep. I discovered ASMR videos on YouTube 3 years ago when my boyfriend came down with noro and I needed a way to relax. I was just searching on YouTube for haircut/massage videos and found all of these videos with ASMR in the title. Since then, I've been an avid support and viewer of the ASMR community on YouTube and boy, is it a big community. These videos have helped me relax and fall asleep even in the most stressful times. Like I said, they put me in a trance and anyone who experiences this will understand. I just recently created my very own ASMR channel on YouTube in an effort to give back to the community all that it has helped me with. I can tell that I am a much more relaxed person and have a lot less anxiety and I feel that the ASMR videos have really helped me. I wanted to share my channel with you guys in the hope that I could help someone else with emetophobia to relax and be able to sleep. My channel is still very new and I am working on making my content better since I will be getting a new camera this week. So down below is a link to my channel and I hope you guys will check it out and that I can help some of you rest more easily. Hopefully, also, there's someone here in this community that knows what I'm talking about so that I don't seem like a complete weirdo . Thank you guys for taking the time to read this and I hope you have a great night!

If the link doesn't work, my channel name is AlyCat Whispers!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZJ...view_as=public

Default Re: OT: ASMR Videos for relaxation

Thanks for sharing this! I love hearing of new techniques for helping beat emet and this is the second one we've had in as many days which I'd fantastic. I'd never heard of this either, it sounds really interesting. I, just about to go out to collect my mum from the train station so don't have time to look at your channel at the mo but I promise I'll take a look,after today. Thanks again for sharing and I'm so pleased you've found something so effective to help you.

Default Re: OT: ASMR Videos for relaxation

Yes, I have found ASMR very helpful also!

Watching ASMR videos usually helps me to feel better. I checked out alycat, great videos! Terrific whispering.

I've also recently discovered there are ASMR apps! These are great because I can subtley listen to them at any time without gazing at a video.

My favorite ASMR app so far is called "Silk ASMR", but there are other good ones too.

So yes, I also encourage others to check out ASMR videos or apps.