Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thumbs up What do you love about IES?

Hello members of IES!

In celebration of the forums coming back online, let's talk about why we are happy it's back. This forum has been getting a lot of slack online and critisized as an entitity from small imperfections. But what community is perfect? I want to recognize the good in this place and find solutions to problems we may have. People can judge all they want, but keeping a positive vibe is what will keep our community thriving.

This is what I love about IES: as a long standing member since January 2010, and now I am a recovered emet, I love how I had a place to confide in while I was at my worst without judgements. In those dark times the reassurance was the gateway to my recovery. It was hearing from others who were struggling as much as me use a rational state of mind to console me. It showed me that the power to do so DOES exist and I can move forward. It was not an overnight process. And I am grateful for the patience of others in helping grow. I am also very appreciative of the bonds and friendships I have formed with other members on the forum that have become real life long bonds. I feel like my life would be a LOT different today 5 ans a half years later if I didnt google "fear of throwing up" one January night mid panic attack.

Default Re: What do you love about IES?

I love IES for all the support it has given me over the years, encouraging me to get better, helping me learn the facts about how noro is transmitted which was probably one of the major turning points for me - I'd always thought it was "in the air" and would do stupid stuff like walking round the supermarket holding my breath. I'm doing really well now, I'm hesitant to use the word recovered. As that's a bit like saying you're cured and I've been this good before then gone downhill again so maybe currently recovered is a good way of putting it! I feel like it's my turn to give something back to other members now helping them to get better too whilst knowing if I do have a blip with my emet that I can get help and support from all the lovely members on here too. I'm the same in that if I hadn't googled about Being terrified of being sick and found here, I dread to think what I'd be like now.

I first of all love how I wasn't banned or blocked - I thought this is why I couldn't get on for a week lol!!!!!

Also, I love how the website was set up as it shows people dont just shake emet of. Wev all had that response 'no one likes getting sick!!' But ALOT of the time no one gets it like we do.

Also you guys who are members and guests...lots of reassurance when others are in the same frame of mind!

I love how I found this place and found that I wasn't by myself. Even knowing that was a big step in the right direction. The people I've met here have helped inspire me to do things I didn't think I was capable of. I love that knowing others suffer like I do eliminates my excuse to throw a big pity party for myself and check out on life. It was a reality check how badly some people suffered, and how far I've seen some people come in their journey. Like the OP, I've met some people that I'd like to think are there for the long haul, and my life would be much much poorer without them. She's one of those people and the rest of you know who you are.

I love that there is a never-ending stream of support from people just. Like. Me! I feel validated that this isn't just 'all in my head', and grateful that I can post a variation of a thread 20 times and each time, it is answered with patience and concern, never a "just get over it, you're fine, nobody LIKES being ill!" I've been a member since 09, maybe, and only began posting a few months ago. I'm shy even when I can hide behind the internet! Thank you, fellow members, for your support of me and everyone else!