Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

That kid.. cameron?I think its cameron. The germ obsessed one. I think hes an emet. They just did a scene in the pub where ppl were talking about a girl getting sick n he was FREAKING.. *stares intrigued*

Very interesting!!

I missed it and dont usually watch Hollyoaks but I'll be keeping my eye out..

really!! normally i watch hollyoaks every night and have been watching cameron gradually become worse with his germ - paranoidness. i completely relate to what he's thinking!! maybe not cleaning the cereal bowl with in 2mins but generally....didn't see the bit about the sickness....that would be an interesting story line!!

just watched it... really think you are right! very interested to see where this will go!

whats holyoaks?
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching.

Yeah, what Bex asked! lol What is Hollyoaks???
    For God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of power and of love and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

Hollyoaks is a soap tv show here in the UK. I never watch it but i believe its about students?

Yeah it's about young people, I think it's on every day on Channel 4.

Anyway, this character, Cameron, was out in a bar with friends (correct me if any of these details are wrong!) and they were talking about a girl who had v*d, quite descriptively e.g. 'through her nose' and he started going weird, sweating, asking, 'Is she still here??' in a panicked way, then he passed out. It ended with him lying on the ground with a blanket on, unable to say anything.

First time I've encountered ANYTHING in the media to do with emet, so I think I'm going to have to keep on watcching!

hey, i have missed a few hollyoaks episodes recently but that wd deffinately b interesting to watch if he did have emet, im interested to see how the approach it if it is and how ppl react to it. May have to watch it with my fellow student housemates see what they say as they are oblivious to my emet maybe i wd help me come out....unless they're response is negative lol.....we shall seeeeee[img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]

Oh wow, that's cool! Of course we don't have Hollyoaks here in the states...not that i know of anyway. I'm hooked on Eastenders though LOL!! But here in the states we're 4 years behind...so the epsiodes i'm watching are from 2001 lol!
    For God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of power and of love and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

I just watched some of the Hollyoaks omnibus and before that incident he was displaying some OCD type symptoms, ordering his socks, and so on. Interesting.

hey,

just saw hollyoaks, looks more like he has a phobia of germs as opposed to a phobia of v*.also looks like he has OCD.i guess its all linked in the end, i mean i display signs of OCD though i dont claim to have it ....also completely obssessd with germs and illness and cleaning!......im still really messy tho[img]smileys/smilies_14.gif[/img]

Meercat - I love Eastenders! Please tell me what bit you are upto in
    it? And whos in it?

I'll try not to tell you who dies, and whats happening at the mo!
    (unless you beg me to!)
    Laugh, quick, before you cry....

Oh cool Pretty Polly!!!

As of last week, Phil Mitchell was shot on his doorstep, on the night of Mel and Steve's wedding. They didn't reveal who shot him yet. (Lisa left Phil cuz she found out he slept with Mel), and is currently rooming with Mark, she also just found out she's pregnant again with Phil's baby. Not too long ago Sonia Jackson had baby Cloe but gave her up for adoption. Jamie Mitchell is running things while Phil is in the hospital recovering from the shooting. Dan just came back in the picture after being run out of town by the Mitchells cuz he tried to take over the Vic. Ian Beale just declared bancrupcty and had to give up his house, and now lives in an apt. with Laura and his kids and they both just bought a fish-n-chips business on the Square. Roy finally took back Pat after the affair she had with Frank Butcher. Kat Slater is seeing the Sqaure's Dr. Truman. Poor Robbie just found out his fiancee (Kerry) slept with a guy on her holiday to Teneriff (sp) when she went with Zoe Slater. Dorothy Cotton's son Nick just went off to rehab after his fall off of the bridge.

That's about all i could come up with lol!!

I do know some things that are happening now cuz i went to BBC's website one day. I know Jamie proposed to Sonia, but he dies on Christmas day (BUMMER!! [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]) Sonia will eventualy marry Martin Fowler (i CAN'T believe that!), also Dorothy will marry Jim Branning (WOW too funny hehe i love those 2). [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img] Ashley (Dorothy's grandson) dies in a motorcycle crash after he steals Marks cycle.

That's about it..i wish i didn't know those things though...please don't tell me anything else hahaha!

Hi Meercat.

Its sooo funny hearing you talk about all these characters from so
    long ago. Alot of them have gone (or died!), and I had a job
    remembering who some of them were!!!

I would imagine it must be quite hard for someone who isn't English
    to follow the accents and the dialect!!

Don't worry, I won't ruin it for you - suffice to say, the best
    characters have recently made a comeback over here. (The best
    characters being Phil and Grant!!!)

'appy watchin'!!
    Laugh, quick, before you cry....

Wow, even MORE ppl will die??? lol I know too much already, i don't wanna know who they are haha!

Ya know Eastenders puts to shame our soaps here in the states!!!! It's SO much more realistic, with down to earth ppl who don't HAVE to look like friggin supermodels. They look and act just like regular ppl. It's AWESOME!! But i always did prefer British shows and britcoms, over the ones here in the States.

OY!!<~~hehe So Grant will return??? My sister (44 yrs old) will be glad to hear that, she loves him LOL!! Oh i forgot to mention that Bepe DiMarco and his x-wife Sandra have been fueding over who get's custody of their son Joe. But they just resolved it and she decided to let Bepe have him. hehe! Ohhh Bepe's HOT!! hahaha!

Just found out as of yesterday's episodes, Lisa was the one who shot Phil.

Glad some of that was ringing a bell for ya! It sucks that we're behind 4 years! There's rumors that our TV service here will be picking up BBC soon, so maybe i can catch up to the UK :-)

The accent was never a problem for me, but believe it or not, from watching it for so long, i know a lot of their cockney dialect hehe!

What's funny is my boyfriend (who's 41) got me hooked on Eastenders hehe! It's all his fault! lol

Cheers! Pretty Polly LOL!