Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Exclamation Terrified help my sister threw up and i'm so scared

I share a bathroom with her and everything and she's 13 i don't want this i have 4 other siblings so if they catch it and spread it there's no hope for me and i'm so scared so scared please help me i can't get sick i can't help help

Default Re: Terrified help my sister threw up and i'm so scared

First of all, take a deep breath. Everything is ok. I know it feels like you're in danger but you're not. V* is gross but it's not scary. Your sister is 13, so she's old enough to practice good hygiene. It may not even be a bug. Is she experiencing a period or other hormonal change? Did she eat something weird? WOW! So there are 6 of you kids in total? With that many children in one house I'm sure you've experienced other bugs that have gone through that haven't resulted in your being sick. You're going to be ok!!!! You really are. I know it's hard to focus on the truth with you're experiencing anxiety, but you really are going to be alright. Everything IS ok.

No i'm not okay she doesn't practice good hygiene like she should and i touched my face a lot because i have bad habits of biting my nails etc and i can't throw up my mom is yelling at me about being selfish because she doesn't understand that i can't just turn this off i keep waiting for a 2nd sibling ot come out and say "mom i threw up" or maybe it'll be me and i'm so scared i haven't been able to stop crying

Is your mom helping your sister? There's no reason for you to think that you're going to catch this thing. Go ahead and clean the bathroom if it would help you. Touching your face is fine, you have to EAT the particles to get sick. You'd have had to touch something in the bathroom AFTER she v*ed to do that. You really are going to be ok. Do something to distract yourself. Listen to music, watch a movie, etc. What is your mom doing now?

Sitting in he room because she's mad at me for panicking but i can't help it. Also i read online that you can catch it before they vomit because it's in their poop before. I'm so scared these germs are probably all over the house and i know i won't sleep all night i'm so scared i don't want to leave my room but the germs might be in here too or i might already be sick

No, the particles are in the poop prior to symptoms but there aren't enough to infect another human being. Stop reading online. It doesn't help, only makes you more anxious and often isn't even accurate. What is your sister doing? Are you sure she's really sick with a bug? Perhaps she over did it today or ate something that didn't agree.

I read that even one can infect you enough to be sick, and she is sick, fever and everything i'm so scared

WHAT??? NO, that's faulty. ONE particle can not make you sick. That's silly. Seriously, stop reading that junk. It's not accurate. Anyone can post online, which isn't good for us when we're already anxious. Your sister is going to be fine and so are YOU! What is she doing now? Has she been sick again? Fingers crossed it was a one and done illness.

cdc.go v/norovirus/about/transmission.html I'M SO SCARED I'M DEFINITELY NOT SLEEPING TONIGHT I'M SO SO SCARED

cdc.go v/norovirus/downloads/keyfacts.pdf

Right, so it says that you're MOST contagious when you're sick and following, not before. It also doesn't say that you can catch Noro from one particle. If she hasn't been sick again it's unlikely that she has Noro. You need to sleep. Get off of the computer and do something to relax. Stop goggling random Noro facts. It will only cause you MORE anxiety. Trust me!

What (besides the selfish comments) is your mom saying to you when you're freaking out? Is she giving you any suggestions?

phenomena.nationalgeographic.co m/2013/01/02/the-norovirus-a-study-in-puked-perfection/

Girl, I feel for you but you're not taking the advice given and are continuing to scare yourself online. I've given you advice which you're not following. I'm sorry you're going through this but what you're choosing to do is only making matters worse. Wishing you well!

I'm stopping now because i'm still freaked but my stomach hurts and i can't stop crying and i can't do this anymore

Can you use a different bathroom from your sister until this is over? Wash your hands frequently and avoid touching your face. Read my Vomiting FAQ for more tips. (I know you can't see links until you have 10 posts): http://emetophobia.byethost15.com/vomiting.html
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Syrup is right haha I wish I had the same answers when Ive been in a panic, Syrup you need to help me when I get like this!! (:

OK. SO.
    You are probs wasting good time of your life fretting about this, I know it wont stop the panic but believe me worrying is like adding salt to a wound which wont heal. Youre making yourself worse by doing an emet classic and making believe you have it... you'll eventually starve yourself an feel fake effects whilst youre probably very healthy. I lost 25 pounds in about 4 weeks cos Im like you and it only resulted in lack of nutrition and anorexia rumours.

Youre 13, dont get to my age(Im a decade older) and then realise how much of your life is wasted cos of our silly anxities.

Breathe... relax and knoe that youd probs get it by now if you had it !!
    If, by that tiny chance you DO get it, eat peppermint. It helps alot(tell your poor sis this too!)

Hope you're doing better now and feeling better!

No I'm still scared so scared and mad at myself for being so scared over something that happens to everyone, and getting more scared by the minute because its been 12 hours so if I caught it from her it could happen any minute 😔

If nothing has happened yet, I'm sure you're fine! Hope you're feeling better now Hun. I know how you feel. I get angry at myself all the time. I also understand what it's like for family to get upset because they don't understand. That's why we are here for you! Try to relax and calm down. Watch a movie, play video games, whatever helps you!

I'm still really scared and my mother came in and yelled at me for being afraid last night. I really don't want to have it and I haven't even eaten since it happened, I'm too scared that I'll eat something she touched and I'm so scared now