I've read many posts here that someone has been emet for "XX years" or "since I was XX years old".

Personally I have no recollection of a certain time that brought these fears on for me. Since I found this forum (and no, I didn't even realize it was a real phobia before I found it), I've been trying to put my finger on something that may have caused it or a certain time that my fears were realized...but I can't.

I don't suffer too badly from emet unless someone near me may be contagious with SV*. Even still, when that happens, I suffer from high anxiety, sensitive stomach, and high stress levels for about a week afterwards. I'm always one to try to thinkeverything through and try to handle problems on my own through rational thinkingif possible. Maybe I'm disillusional, but I'd like to think thatI might be able to get a handle on this if I knew when or where it started.

I'm just wondering if anyone else hasNO specific time that they can remember ofthis fear taking hold of them. Also, whether these kinds of people (if there are any) were trying to find the answer in hopes that it may help us understandthis phobia alittle better andperhaps help us to help ourselves in correcting our thinking.

kerryrob