Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Really weird - stomach cramps second day running.

Hi guys,

Looking for a bit of advice please. Yesterday morning I had some stomach cramps in the pelvic area, similar to what I get when I am on my period and I have to go to the bathroom. I have always suffered with my periods being painful and heavy, and several months ago started birth control to help with it. I came off it for a couple months. Nearly a week ago now I went back on the same brand of birth control, so I am not thinking it is related, but you never know.

So yesterday morning I woke up with bad stomach cramps, and I will randomly sometimes get them, and it'll pass. Well yesterday they didn't. At first I was constipated, then eventually a little while later I managed to go and there was some mucus in there, but other than that it was a normal bowel movement (sorry for the tmi). The cramps didnt go away completely and later that day I ended up having another normal bowel movement and the rest of the day my stomach was slightly twingy but nothing bad. Woke up this morning with the same cramps and just had a little *d. I came over very hot like I needed a fan. I've kind of cooled off now and the cramps have subsided a bit but are still there slightly. (Actually now I type this they are coming back) In my self I feel a little nauseated I guess, but I need to eat too so that could be part of it. I probably won't!

Any advice? I've never suffered with IBS and I haven't eaten anything differently recently.

Thanks!

Default Re: Really weird - stomach cramps second day running.

Hiya. Sadie here. I too suffer from period problems, and combined with 'D' thety create quite a problem for me.
    Happy to chat next time you are on the Chat thingy?

Take care.

Sadie x

When was you're last period? It could be ovulation pains. If you've only just started back on the pill and were mid cycle the ovulation process may have already started for this month, it probably wouldn't be able to actually finish properly due to the pill but you might still get some of the symptoms such as the cramps. Female hormones do weird things to the body what with cramps, diarrhoea, hot flushes and nausea amongst other things.

Quote Originally Posted by paulinek View Post
    When was you're last period? It could be ovulation pains. If you've only just started back on the pill and were mid cycle the ovulation process may have already started for this month, it probably wouldn't be able to actually finish properly due to the pill but you might still get some of the symptoms such as the cramps. Female hormones do weird things to the body what with cramps, diarrhoea, hot flushes and nausea amongst other things.
    I started the pill probably 4 days or so after my period ended. It's just weird for me! I don't normally have tummy troubles like this. Thanks for both of your replies! Appreciate it