Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Urgent

Default Urgent

..yes, its me again (last time for at least a week I hope!)

I havent really ate anything and barely drink anything in the past five days. Everything's spinning, my stomach feels like its caving, I can't really even focus on this message. And I'm not even sick. It's my stupid anxiety. I ate a tiny bit at lunch and dinner yesterday, and a tiny bit at lunch today, and then somewhat closer to a normal dinner today, but that's all I've eaten in the past FIVE DAYS. I probably drank one water bottle each day. I started off underweight (5'3", 16 year old female, 83 pounds), but NOT ANOREXIC, and I wanted to gain but then whatever this is happened. I don't know how much I lost, my mom won't let me weigh myself, and she won't say why. I'm scared, there's pain in my temples, my ribs, and I can see my bones everywhere. I drank a bottle of water this evening, but I need to sleep and I can't drink much before I go sleep (its almost 2 am). I'm just really worried, because when my brother got really dehydrated, he had a seizure. I don't want that to happen to me, should I wake my mother even though I already did that once last week for that 3 am panic attack? Should I wait until my Thursday doctor's appointment? I just don't want something to happen to me, which will also stress out my mother even more, and I have school starting next week.

Default Re: Urgent

If you don't eat and drink you are going to make yourself seriously ill and possibly end up in hospital, and if you feel afraid of the bugs in your own home imagine how you'd feel in a hospital full of ill people! Drink some water and have something to eat even if it's chocolate or biscuits. You definitely need professional help, I'd your appointment this Thursday as in tomorrow?

you're making things a lot worse by starving yourself. i know it's hard to eat, but you'll only feel worse if you don't. last time my anxiety got bad i did the same thing and stopped eating for close to a week, and whenever my biggest panic attacks came around, i almost blacked out. start with something small and easy to digest - applesauce, toast, crackers - and work your way up from there. you'll see that you won't get sick.

if you haven't gotten anything by now, you really should be fine. just try your best to stop worrying yourself sick over it - your anxiety is probably playing a HUGE part in how bad you're feeling. and try and drink some more water, too! one glass a day is nowhere near enough. feel better!

Yeah, my appointment is tomorrow. I'm having another panic attack I think, everything is too warm, and there's a lump in my throat, and all I want to do is curl up and cry.

I hope you find the help you need!! By not eating and being underweight, regardless of the reason why, you are considered anorexic. I worked with eating disorder clients (I am a therapist) during my internship and I learned so much about what can go wrong with your body if you don't nourish it with the right amounts of food and water. You are withering away and it sounds like this phobia has gotten a dangerous grip on you. Please get help. This fear is not worth losing your life over. Not trying to scare you, but it can happen.

I think deep down you know your self inflicting this but wev all been there...stop worrying about every little thing and realise even if you ARE sick, eating will fight it off...I learnt that recently..I took a little leap of faith this week while I've been feeling pretty good and calm and I had a good 590 calorie breakfast(brave!!!) And I was fine eating the junkiest food all day... Get eating your gave food and let it spiral uphill from there!!

Been there at the same time in my life. It really sucks but I've learned that eating lots of small snacks in a day works better than three or four big meals. Eating enough small snack/meals throughout the day really helped because I never had the full feeling. And now Im 5'5 and 120 pounds. I never thought I would be able to gain the weight. You can do it!

Quote Originally Posted by older.rmiller View Post
    ..yes, its me again (last time for at least a week I hope!)

I havent really ate anything and barely drink anything in the past five days. Everything's spinning, my stomach feels like its caving, I can't really even focus on this message. And I'm not even sick. It's my stupid anxiety. I ate a tiny bit at lunch and dinner yesterday, and a tiny bit at lunch today, and then somewhat closer to a normal dinner today, but that's all I've eaten in the past FIVE DAYS. I probably drank one water bottle each day. I started off underweight (5'3", 16 year old female, 83 pounds), but NOT ANOREXIC, and I wanted to gain but then whatever this is happened. I don't know how much I lost, my mom won't let me weigh myself, and she won't say why. I'm scared, there's pain in my temples, my ribs, and I can see my bones everywhere. I drank a bottle of water this evening, but I need to sleep and I can't drink much before I go sleep (its almost 2 am). I'm just really worried, because when my brother got really dehydrated, he had a seizure. I don't want that to happen to me, should I wake my mother even though I already did that once last week for that 3 am panic attack? Should I wait until my Thursday doctor's appointment? I just don't want something to happen to me, which will also stress out my mother even more, and I have school starting next week.

You should drink a little bit of water. And while I agree with everyone here that starving yourself is not a great thing, you will be okay. Especially if you aren't exercising a lot. (p.s. try talking a long walk tomorrow and see if it doesn't help get rid of some of that excess anxiety.)

Back when I was younger, I was a pretty heavy drug user. On a lot of the drugs I did, it was very difficult or impossible to eat. I would go days without eating more than a handful of cereal (but I did always stay hydrated). Now, I'm not saying I thrived during that time, but I never once had a seizure or even fainted or anything. You'll be fine.

And if you really really need to eat, your body won't let you starve yourself.

As for school, chances are having something to do with yourself will be much more helpful than you think.

You should try and get off of this site and read a book or listen to some music. Reading, for me, is the absolute best thing for anxiety.