Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Phobia of d*

Default d*

Post has been deleted
    Last edited by Gemmaaa94; 05-17-2021 at 04:11 PM.

Default Re: Phobia of d*

I fear D*. I have feared it the same amount of time I have feared V*.

The fear is equal to Emetophobia. (Severe)
    Last edited by khernández99; 08-05-2015 at 01:14 PM.
    Original Register Date w/Old Account: 27 December 2012.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I only worry about diarrhea in terms of the possibility that it will be accompanied by vomiting. If I know that the worst that it will be is diarrhea, I am OK with it.

I have only vomited with diarrhea once. The last time I was severely nauseated I had a small amount of diarrhea barely worth remembering. Nevertheless, I have come to believe diarrhea is one of the most important signs that vomiting will be happening.
    Last edited by gumdropper1; 08-04-2015 at 08:50 PM.
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I hate diarrhea, and not just because I relate it to vomiting. I honestly wlll know why I have it and know I won't be sick, but still panic. I actually hate pooping period. It causes me awful anxiety and I have no idea why. To most people it's a relief, I feel worse for a good hour after I have BM.
    I spent most of my life constipated, and secretly liked it. Now I am regular due to my extra healthy diet, and even my normal BM's freak me out.
    I wouldn't say I have a phobia, because it's not nearly as bad as my fear of vomiting, but it causes me almost daily anxiety for sure.
    “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”

“We are the girls with anxiety disorders, filled appointment books, five-year plans. We take ourselves very, very seriously. We are the peacemakers, the do-gooders, the givers, the savers. We are on time, overly prepared, well read, and witty, intellectually curious, always moving. We pride ourselves on getting as little sleep as possible and thrive on self-deprivation. We drink coffee, a lot of it. We are on birth control, Prozac, and multivitamins. We are relentless, judgmental with ourselves, and forgiving to others. We never want to be as passive-aggressive as our mothers, never want to marry men as uninspired as our fathers. We are the daughters of the feminists who said, “You can be anything,” and we heard, “You have to be everything.”

Yeah same!!! It's the association but a good thing is, and its TMI but we can't exactly see the D lol...its easily avoided..I think stomachs are just a nuisence tbh lol

This thread is kind of awesome! I'm sitting here right now worried about a loose bm! I KNOW that it's because I haven't eaten much today except lots of coffee, and for dinner had an amazing burger! Grease, red meat, caffeine all on an empty stomach don't mix! I KNOW this, and still I'm almost in a panic! Same as above, I usually don't get relief from bm's. ..just an uneasy slightly crampy feeling. I also only fear it because of it's association with v. I love ies because where else can a group of strangers share bm descriptions in depth? Lol! Thank GOD I am not alone!!!!!

Post has been deleted
    Last edited by Gemmaaa94; 05-17-2021 at 04:09 PM.

Yes! I have an extreme fear of D*. Especially after I had it with noro in February. Because it started with D*. Last week I had random D* which I believe was fp. Now I'm still having loose bms every morning which is probably my anxiety because I'm so incredibly panicked about what happened etc. so now my anxiety is incredibly bad lately. I thought I was the only one with a fear of D and loose bms. Everytime I need to take a bm I get nervous

This post makes me feel incredibly reassured. I am the same way, every time I have a BM that is any softer than hard pellets, I panic. I take Imodium about 2-3 times a week to control my bowels. It's so bad.

I have a small aversion to going for a BM. I never used to have much problems unless it was diarrhea which I didnt get often. Then after I was sick with dry heaving and water diarrhea in 2013 I started to get anxious around BMs . I'm much better now than I used to be but I feel like I'm hyper intuitive to my BM when is getting ready to come or in the process of moving through my body I often feel off for a while before I have a BM. As a matter of fact, this past Friday I had my first panic attack in a few weeks because I felt really nauseated accompanied by a loose BM. The nausea was of course worsened by my anxiety so that sucked. It's odd because I have times where I have a loose BM and I won't feel anxious because my stomach will fee fine but other times I feel gross before , during and after. Those times suck. I want to be one of those "oh my god that was the best moment of my day" poopers. Lol. So to answer you , I don't have a phobia of diarrhea but I do get anxious quite frequently because of my BM and some of those times like Friday can lead to panic attacks but usually I can control it. I don't think it's uncommon at all amongst emets

It's the association of d* with v* which is what i fear. I get really scared when im hit with d*, I crap myself! (literally, lol).

When I was younger I had a lot of unpleasent experiences with d*. The abdominal cramps make you feel like you've been shot, which i guess is the worst part.

I am also terrified of d*. I think it is because I associate it with a sv*. Everytime I have had a sv* I both v* and d* at the same time. The thought makes me panic. I over use Imodium (like almost everyday) Bc I am so afraid if I come down with a sv* at work that I would have both at the same time and never make it home. Crazy I know and I'm sure terrible for me but I can't stop

I don't - only because it's getting whatever out that needs to be out lol.

But I am sad for a few of these posts taking anti-diarrheal meds daily. That's not what it is for. If you have actual diarrhea it can help. Otherwise it will just cause more problems - constipation, pain and nausea even. :/ And I hate to say, if you are sick it more than likely won't help much (been there!). What about a probiotic daily instead? Help your gut as well as your immune system?

You're not the only one

Quote Originally Posted by ChiGal View Post
    I don't - only because it's getting whatever out that needs to be out lol.

But I am sad for a few of these posts taking anti-diarrheal meds daily. That's not what it is for. If you have actual diarrhea it can help. Otherwise it will just cause more problems - constipation, pain and nausea even. :/ And I hate to say, if you are sick it more than likely won't help much (been there!). What about a probiotic daily instead? Help your gut as well as your immune system?
    I have never had any issues with constipation or nausea from taking them daily. I take a probiotic and it hasn't done much for my IBS tbh.

Diarrhea is more embarrassing for me than it is scary only because I've have it all my life thanks to IBS. That's literally the majority of the bowel movements I make (so sorry if this is TMI for anyone, yes, I know it's gross 😩&#128561.
    I've gotten used to it, but it isn't uncommon for people to fear diarrhea because I had three friends who have a terrible phobia of diarrhea. They were all very healthy and barely ever got it, so they feared it because it wasn't something they were used to or familiar with.
    Most times when I'm severely nauseous, and I manage to hold it in, it will come out of my body as diarrhea, and I prefer that instead of vomiting.

Give me diarrhea over vomiting any day of the week