Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: help

Default help

have an alcohol related question... l went out and had about four beers from
    10 to 2 and it is now six AM.... am I in the clear for throwing up

Default Re: help

I think so!!
    I think you'd know if you were gonna get sick!!!
    I hope you feel mighty fine when you read this haha

Yeah, back in college I drank a lot more than that and never got sick.
    Alcohol causes anxiety, though, which is likely what you're feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by countrylover09 View Post
    have an alcohol related question... l went out and had about four beers from
    10 to 2 and it is now six AM.... am I in the clear for throwing up
    Are you female? Four drinks is binge drinking for a female. Binge drinkers often have the experience of retasting what they ate or drank.

If you were going to vomit from alcohol poisoning, you would have done it while you were drinking or shortly after. So you won't vomit that way. But some people vomit when they wake up in the morning after drinking the night before. You're not in the clear for that yet.
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by gumdropper1 View Post
    Are you female? Four drinks is binge drinking for a female. Binge drinkers often have the experience of retasting what they ate or drank.

If you were going to vomit from alcohol poisoning, you would have done it while you were drinking or shortly after. So you won't vomit that way. But some people vomit when they wake up in the morning after drinking the night before. You're not in the clear for that yet.
    That isn't exactly how it works.

Alcohol can cause vomiting either by overstimulating the body's mechanism for processing it or by causing nausea through alcohol withdrawal (which is what a hangover is).

Alcohol withdrawal symptoms vary in intensity based on the amount of alcohol consumed, the duration of consumption, other food/beverages consumed, how much sleep the person got. In my experience, it is fairly unlikely to experience severe enough nausea from withdrawal alone in cases where the person did not also vomit during the intoxication.
    The symptoms of alcohol withdrawal can be relieved by getting some extra sleep, rehydrating, eating a light meal, and taking it easy.