Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I thought I would share with everyone the worst experiences I have had with v*. They are not pretty, so please don't read if they will cause you anxiety.

First, when I was 6 years old, my 5 month old baby brother developed a condition that made him projectile v* across the room. It had something to do with a stomach valve that did not function properly. I can't recall the name of the condition. "Something" stenosis, I think. Anyway, I remember my parents taking him to the hospital. I was staring out my bedroom window, feeling very scared and very alone. I had no concept of what was wrong with my brother. I just remember being so scared. He had an operation that fixed the problem, but that doesn't stick in my memory. I would bet that this was the event that triggered my emet.

The other really horrible experience with v* that I had happened a few years ago. Guess what? It involved my brother again! Of course, I had now been living with my phobia since I was 6, but I had successfully avoided anything too traumatic since that age. Well, that changed when my brother and I went out one night to a bar. I was feeling pretty good, but only drank half a glass of vodka an orange juice because my brother was drinking heavily and someone needed to be sober to drive. The really interesting thing was that I was not even worried about my brother drinking until we got in the car and I started to drive home. I am driving, driving and my brother is talking, talking. Then, quite suddenly, he became VERY quiet. That is when I started getting SCARED.

I would glance over at him, heart racing, hands clenched tightly on the wheel. He looked GREEN. He would put his hand on the dashboard, as if to steady himself, and tell me to slow down. Of course, by this time I was in a complete state of panic, so instead of slowing down, I speeded up! I just wanted to get home and get AWAY FROM HIM, before he got sick.

It wasn't going to happen. I hear this noise, this horrible gagging, wet noise coming from him. You all know what I am talking about. So I jerkily pull over to the side of the road so he can do you know what. I am shaking, hands over my ears, crying, "Please, I just want to be home," over and over again. I somehow managed to get almost all the way home, having to pull over a couple of times for him to do his business. But I reached a point where I just SNAPPED. I couldn't take it anymore. I left my brother on the side of the road, keys in the ignition, car running, as I walked, crying hysterically the rest of the way home.

A couple of hours later my brother arrived at the house with the car. He was FURIOUS at me. At the time, I was furious at myself. I felt guilty, ashamed, like I was a pathetic loser. But since I have been in therapy, I have learned that I did the best I could that night. I lasted longer in that car than I would have ever given myself credit for. That is what I needed to remember.

Anyway, those are my two stories. I would love to hear other's horrible experiences. I am sure lots of you have ones that are much worse than mine. I also think that talking about them can help you to feel better.
    I must face my fear.
    I will allow it to pass over and through me.
    When it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see it\'s path.
    Where it has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. -Dune

Well done mistyeyes! You do deserve credit for that... the same thing
    happened with my husband...too much to drink, and on the way
    home it all came out..but unfortunately for me I didn't get any
    warning, all over him and all over the car!!! We still had 20 minutes
    to drive, and I remember driving home with my hand shielding my
    eyes so I didn't have to look at it!!! But I didn't stop the car or get
    out and run away, I drove home, sent him straight to bed and then
    went out and cleaned it all up!!! Wow - did I really do that? Go me!!!
    Laugh, quick, before you cry....

YEAH, pretty polly! You are AWESOME! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

I think I would have been able to get ALL the way home if it wasn't such a long drive. We had gone 40 minutes away to go to a bar. So the panic was just building and building and I couldn't get home in time to snap there.

I am soooo glad I could stop before he got sick in the car, though. I give you sooooo much credit for being able to clean it up!
    I must face my fear.

Yeah it wasn't pleasant - but mostly red wine!! Nice. Perhaps because
    it looked and smelt like red wine, and I knew it was because of
    alcoholic overindulgence, it didn't bother me as much. Now if it had
    been a suspected SV - he would have cleaned it up in the morning!!!
    Laugh, quick, before you cry....

Sort of Graphic Post coming up:

My worst Vomiting expereince was way back when I was in kindergarten. I was sitting on the floor listening to a story the teacher was telling when one of the kids in the back said he didn't feel good. They sent him to the nurse. After a little while he came back and he sat down behind me again. Then all of a sudden he vomited all over the place. I remember running away from him like all the way across the room! As it turns out he had appedicitus (Sp?) and he had to leave school in an ambulance....that really freaked me out.

Also in third grade the girl at the table behind me got sick and vomited all over the place, and on the back of my chair. Luckily none of it got on me.

In Fourth grade I was sitting at a table with this kid and he threw up all over the table. The teacher told him to go to the bathroom, and he left. Minutes later the whole class was in the hall to go down to the library and there was like a trail of vomit from the classroom to the bathroom. ICK!

Then when I was in highschool, this kid ate a whole bag of chocolate covered espresso beans over lunch time. I remember sitting in class with him and he was actually turning a GREEN Color. I got out of there and cut class (It was the last class of the day) and he did end up vomiting all in the hallway...I had to go past it to get out of the building.

LoL It's weird how I can remember all the times people have vomited...when I can barely remember other things.

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

LOL, so true Monica, every vomit episode since kindergarten I can remember. Fortunately I don't think i have ever had a terrible experience. Sure, kids threw up in my classes when i was little and I have been around drunk V*, but thank GOD I have never been thrown up on or even very close to.

Probably the very worst thing that happened was when I was living on my own in an apartment a couple years ago. I was quite a party animal then and my anxiety was the lowest its ever been (good thing). A whole bunch of people went out to bars and on the way home we stopped at Pita pit...so gross to pig out at 2 am when you're drunk...ew. Anyway, we all went back to my apartment and were listening to music. One of the guys with us sort of fell asleep sitting up. All the sudden he woke up and without a word got off the couch, covered his mouth and started running for the kitchen sink, where he proceeded to vomit up al his pita not only in the sink but all around it, and some of it dripped on my couch on his way there.

I ran out side with one other guy who apparently doesn't handle V* very well...I was about to cry since this happened in my own house, I didn't know what i was going to do. Luckily Luke, the one who was with me outside was able to talk to me and we could laugh a little bit about it. Also, VERY lucky for me, some of my other friends just thought it was funny and they cleaned it all up for me before I even came back in the house. I loved those guys ever since!

Wow- what's with emet stories and cars? Hahaha- a lotof my worst experiences ALSO involved a moving vehicle. I think its because there is no escape...

I remember when I was about nine, we went and picked my aunt up at the airport. On the way back into the city (it's about a 40 minute drive), while I was sitting in the backseat he got really quiet, and started to complain about his stomach hurting. At that point, I started to cry. However, when mom hands over a large paper bag (previously the holder of some new shoes), and he starts to vomit, I FREAKED. I was literally screaming in that car. The worst part about it was that not only did he manage to get sick the ENTIRE ride, he also didn't have the best aim. It got all over the floor, the seat, and him.....i SWEAR you never would have seen someone run screaming from a car so fast as when we finally pulled into my house.

The other really bad experiences involve frosh week- one year I was a guide, and the next president of the association. So, needless to say there are a lot of first year students who, for the first time, are away from mommy and daddy and don't know how to drink. It was NASTY. It was worse when I was prez, because it was the year of the double cohort in Ontario (they eliminated grade 13- so we had the students who graduated from the last year of grade 13 and the students who graduated from grade 12- ages 17-19). The drinking age in Ontario is 19- and we sure as hell didn't serve any alcohol to underagers- but those that were of age would sneak them drinks, or they would just show up to events (even the dry ones)- already drunk. We had to send two kids to the hospital on separate nights because of excess alcohol- one of whom apparently drank an entire bottle of bacardi STRAIGHT (he put it in a powerade bottle at a football game, and by the time we realized it was alcohol it was already too late). I have NEVER seen so much vomit in my life than I have that week- and I couldn't freak out, because I was essentially responsible if anything happened. I would freak out in the shower when I got home.

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My worst V8 experience also happened in a car! It was my freshman
    year of college, and my roommate had a friend that was visiting us
    for a few days on leave from the Navy. Anyway, my roommate,
    another girl, my roommates friend, and myself went out one night
    while he was there. Ok, we were pretty wild in college, we had a
    case of beer, went drinking at a bar, and smoked a bunch of weed.
    He'd never smoked before, and anyone who has smoked for the first
    time after drinking knows what happens. I was driving, my
    roommate was in the passenger seat, the Navy guy was behind her,
    and the other girl was behind me. All of the sudden - THIS IS VERY
    GRAPHIC - he v*d, right on the back of my roommates head! I
    pulled over and he was soooo sick for so long on the side of the
    road. I was out of it myself, and was gagging while I was laughing
    because I knew it wasn't a sv and not contagious. We got back to
    the dorms and got him in bed and cleaned up - there was v* in his
    coat pockets, all over the place! It was absolutely disgusting!!

Jeez! I am reading about everyone's v* experiences, and mine don't seem so awful. No one has ever done it on me orIN a car I was in. I don't know whether I should feel lucky or what. LOL

I am sure I would survive if someone ever got sick on me, but I don't really want to testthat theory out or anything.[img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img][img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]Edited by: mistyeyes
    I must face my fear.

the most scared i have ever been is on a ferry to the outer hebs near scotland. possibly graphic.

it was a cold, stormy afternoon... and naturally everyone was feeling seasick. i was only 8, and i wasn't aware that just because i wasn't feeling bad, everyone else was ok. this was a new experience, i'd never been on a ferry, and stupidly i went to the loo. i dropped my bottle of water (what was i thinking taking it with me...) and it rolled along the floor. being a bright kid, i waited for it to roll back to me, but when it did, it was covered in the dreaded. for some reason, i was petrifyed i'd get told off by my parents because it was expensive to buy water on the boat, so i washed it in the sink and gave it to my dad to look after. (im guessing i wasn't so</span> emet then...)

anyway, i was getting worried by now, so i went on my travels around the ship, and it took me up the only flight of stairs to the top. the view was pretty good and it was fun for me because of the rocking. stayed here for a while, and then decided to go back down the only flight of stairs</span>. someone had been sick on the stairs. not only am i emetophobic, but ii'm claustrophobic, and by this time not only am i faced with a ship full of sick people, im trapped on the sip, and upstairs. so, some how after suffering for a while trying to figure out how to get down, i took a flying leap over the v* to safety, and spent the rest of the five hour journey under the stairs to the car deck.

i will never</span> go on a ferry again.

Edited by: jenneth
    <font color=GREEN>
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    happiness is a way of travel -- not a destination
    </font>

okay, guys this is TERRIBLE. well, at least it was for me!

i was at the country fair having a good time with my friends. being an emet.. i am afraid of riding really fast or intricate rides from fear that it might make me dizzy and/or sick.. so i waited beside the ride while my friends got on. so, i'm standing there minding my business.. and out of nowhere i feel like rain come down on me. it was actually v* from the ride above me!!!!!!! luckily it wasn't extreme and didn't cover me completely.. just alot of sprinkels on my arms but i was totally disgusted and had to go home.

Hi!

This is graphic I guess and totally disgusting...

My dad's pretty much a drunk and I used to always have to listen to him go puke when he was hungover. We lived in an apartment that had a balcony and for some reason which I cannot understand he would go to the balcony and throw up in a plastic bag when he was hungover. I heard him do that several times and it agitated me a lot. Anyways one time I was looking for empty beer bottles on the balcony cause here you get money for returning them to the store and my mom and dad hardly gave us any spending money. Our balcony was always really messy and had several plastic bagswith stuff in themand I looked in one I guess not thinking it possible for it to be what it turned out to be...a bag my dad had vomited in. I got so freaked out and I think that is just so disgusting to leave it there. I hate my dad cause he's always been an inconsiderate asshole but that's kind of beside the point.

Even worse have been all the times I've vomited myself. I remember 4 times that I've vomited. I remember vomiting one time after I took my first dose of a course of antibiotics (I was about 5). I was in the bathroom with my mother and for some reason she was holding this bucket type thing for me to vomit in and I was terrified, screaming and crying and after I'd vomited she said "are you done" and that made me feel like "oh god I don't want to have to do it again". Of course after that I was terrified of taking any more of the antibiotics but somehow my parents managed to make me.

I think that's enough horror stories from me for now. I hope my story about my dad wasn't too pathetic or anything.

Mine was recent--

*GRAPHIC**

Back in August, my best friend from CA came to visit me in AZ, to see our new house. She brought her 2 daughters, Amanda and Sophia. Amanda is 13 and Sophia is 17. Well, these two girls are like night and day. Amanda is sweet, well-behaved, blonde, blue eyes, thin.......and Sophia is a little b**ch who treats her Mom like crap, dark hair, dark eyes, and about 100 lbs. overweight. Well, they got in Friday night and early Sat. morning my friend Cheryl knocked on my bedroom door, came in and said to me, "I have bad news", (she knows about my emet), "Sophia woke up sick this morning". I felt hot and cold at the same time (anyone ever do that?), and thought OH S**T!!!! I asked if she threw up, amd Cheryl said "yeh, but she made it to the toilet". OMG!!!! She said she already put the sheets in the washer and cleaned the toilet. Well, we all know that NO ONE can clean V* up like we can, and know that everythings sanitized. So, I started thinking, why did she have to wash the sheets? She touched the sheets then the knobs on the washer, she cleaned the toilet, and now the bottle of cleaner is dirty because I know her hands were contaminated when she touched the cleaner, on and on ..........I panicked very indiscreetly, butshe said she could leave if Iwould feelmore comfortable, and I said no, that's fine, so I braved it out. Sophia was in my daughter;s room all day, playing Playstation and stuff and let me tell you, it was SO HARD to not worry!! My daughter said, "everything will be fine, Mom", so I listened to her. She already knew not to touch her face or eat without washing her hands after playing w/Sophia. I had a strong feeling it wasn't contagious, and confronted my fear by not alienating my friend and causing my daughter to panic. I did tell my daughter to use the bathroom in my bedroom for the rest of the weekend while they were there though. Well, we got through the weekend, but I didn't know if Sophia got sick anymore or not, because she was mad at her mom, she wasn't really speaking to us adults, and everytime we asked her if she was OK she would just say yes. So, finally they left on Sunday, and I got the gloves, the face mask (necessary), bleach, and a roll of papaer towels. I lifted the toilet seat and there was a crapload of V* stains all over the bottom of the seat thingy and the rim!!! Also, there were V* spots on the new rug by the toilet!![img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img] Threw the rug away, then sanitized the shower, sink, toilet and floor. I even sprayed the walls and cabinets with lysol! I was in there cleaning for 1 and 1/2 hours! I threw away the shampoo and conditioner bottles, and anything she may have touched in the bathroom. My hubby and daughter just let me be, knowing I was on a mission. Afterward, I took a shower andfelt so clean! But all night I kept smelling bleach, yuck! It was a tough weekend, a type of exposure therapy. The weird thing is, is that I was so grossed out because it was Sophia that got sick, which I think is very mean of me, because I don't think I would have been that skeeved if it were Amanda who was sick. I guess because Sophia has such a rotten attitude. No oneelse got sick, thank goodness, but it was definitely a test for me, and I somewhat prevailed. [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    ~*~Charlene~*~