Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Worried about potential sv exposure...help

Hi, I read the forum often, but it's my first time posting so I hope that I censored everything appropriately! Last night I slept over at a friends house. We had been out at a bar and he was drinking heavily combined with other substances. He v* at the bathroom in the bar, which didn't particularly surprise me or phase me; at this point my phobia has become mainly an illness based thing as opposed to just v* in general. As long as I'm not directly exposed to the v*, I can be around a person who has just v* from alcohol consumption. So I didn't really think much of it and ended up spending the night at his house. He was in and out of the room all night v* and I'm pretty sure d* too, but for some reason I wasn't concerned at the time and just continued to sleep in the bed. He was still sick when I woke up in the morning, but I again for some reason used a bathroom he had been in and laid in bed next to him and even hugged him goodbye. I found out this afternoon that he had been v* all day after I left....he is convinced it isn't from drinking and thinks it has to be something he ate, and suddenly the fear hit me and it is too late to change the way I acted earlier. The d* doesn't seem to add up either because that typically isn't something that comes from alcohol consumption. He definitely drank a LOT and to v* made sense at the time, but it all seems too severe to have come from that. He ate a steak sandwich at a place we go to a lot, but they were very busy so I guess technically it's possible something was wrong with that? I'm just really scared that he had an sv* all along and it's become a waiting game to see what happens to me. I'm freaking out and overanalyzing everything and probably won't sleep. I don't know how I was so casual about things it's so out of character for me, and it backfired. Any advice or input is appreciated. Thanks

Default Re: Worried about potential sv exposure...help

You don't need to censor anything. Just type what you want.

Keep anti-emetics on hand (Pepto-Bismol, Dramamine/Gravol, or something stronger if you have a prescription), so you can be ready if you get nauseated.
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I pretty much am in the same situation as you!! I'm out of town with my boyfriend for 4 days and he was drinking heavily last night and then was getting what sounds like the exact same thing your guy friend was having. I'm stuck in a hotel room with my boyfriend though . Your lucky you didn't have to stay longer with him. We still have 2 days left in our trip. ��. It sounds like it's probably food poisoning if he thinks that could be a possibility. My boyfriend thinks he got food poisoning. So lucily it's not easy or actually almost impossible to catch that as long as your washing your hands and not touching your face

Thanks for replying! His dad ended up getting sick too and they think it's something they got from surfing/ the water but I don't know I don't buy it....still staying away from the house....I haven't gotten sick though and it's been 2 and a half days since I was there so knock on wood I'm ok. Sorry you're trapped in that situation, hope everything is going ok. Wishing you luck!