Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Exclamation Afraid I might have Staph Food poisoning?

So basically earlier tonight I had some ham thats been opened over a week. (ur supposed to throw it away a week after opening) and it tasted fine but i'm worried anyway. it's been about 7 hours now and i feel some tummy cramping but nothing else really, I know the onset is 1-8 hours but I'm just really scared since the main symptom is explosive v*... it's irrational but i can't help it. My stomach does hurt kinda bad though but, I also have IBs so I never really know. Its 4 AM and I should sleep soon but I'm afraid I'll wake up and be sick or something.

Please help :\

Default Re: Afraid I might have Staph Food poisoning?

Don't worry about the ham. The chances of staph food poisoning are very small. I can't even remember the last time I heard anyone talking about staph food poisoning. Anyway, the incubation period for staph poisoning is long, so even if you ate staph-infected food last night, you wouldn't be symptomatic yet.

Don't forget that all ham is cooked. The 7-day thing is mostly to protect the reputation of the product and does not necessarily mean the food will be bad by then.

Be strong!

Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.