Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Food poisoning or sick from a work out?

Today I ate at KFC, it was delicious, I ate everything, I had no problems. Maybe 3 hours after that I had some Ranch pringles, was fine after that. Again around 8:30 pm I had more Ranch pringles and some coca cola. At about 9 - 9:30 I did a work, after that I started feeling N, I took 2 gravol and went about my business thinking the N would go away, it didn't. It is now 3:43am and I still feel N, I swear I almost V a few times, I'm trying so hard to keep it down.

I'm just wondering if it's food poisoning or if I did my work out too soon after eating?
    Any suggestions for the N? I'll do anything to not feel N or V.. literally anything

I feel alone, no one understands that this is my biggest fear and I'll do anything not to get N or V

Any advice would be appreciated..

V is normal right??

Default Re: Food poisoning or sick from a work out?

I don't think vomiting is normal, but I'm an emet. A non-emet would probably be OK with vomiting. But non-emets don't work themselves into frenzies of nausea and get close to vomiting just by imagining that they're nauseated.

I'm a big fan of anti-emetics, but taking two Gravol is very much overkill when you only felt slightly nauseated.

I hope you are better by now. Keep us posted.

Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Heartburn or indigestion from too much junk food and coke try an antacid or peppermint tea
    you can't start the next chapter of your life if you keep re reading the last one

Look at what you ate: KFC, Chip and Pop. Whenever I eat really crappy food, especially a lot in one day, I am miserable. This was me last night. For my dinner I literally had ice cream, french frues and pop. I was up all night feeling very sick.
    Try hot ginger tea for the nausea and also a cool compress on your face and neck. I like splash cold water on my face or even take a cool shower.
    “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”

“We are the girls with anxiety disorders, filled appointment books, five-year plans. We take ourselves very, very seriously. We are the peacemakers, the do-gooders, the givers, the savers. We are on time, overly prepared, well read, and witty, intellectually curious, always moving. We pride ourselves on getting as little sleep as possible and thrive on self-deprivation. We drink coffee, a lot of it. We are on birth control, Prozac, and multivitamins. We are relentless, judgmental with ourselves, and forgiving to others. We never want to be as passive-aggressive as our mothers, never want to marry men as uninspired as our fathers. We are the daughters of the feminists who said, “You can be anything,” and we heard, “You have to be everything.”

Quote Originally Posted by irisbritney View Post
    Today I ate at KFC, it was delicious, I ate everything, I had no problems. Maybe 3 hours after that I had some Ranch pringles, was fine after that. Again around 8:30 pm I had more Ranch pringles and some coca cola. At about 9 - 9:30 I did a work, after that I started feeling N, I took 2 gravol and went about my business thinking the N would go away, it didn't. It is now 3:43am and I still feel N, I swear I almost V a few times, I'm trying so hard to keep it down.

I'm just wondering if it's food poisoning or if I did my work out too soon after eating?
    Any suggestions for the N? I'll do anything to not feel N or V.. literally anything

I feel alone, no one understands that this is my biggest fear and I'll do anything not to get N or V

Any advice would be appreciated..

V is normal right??
    You should avoid drinking soda anywhere near a workout.
    Junk food, too.

I read an article recently that said that your body's natural reaction to a coke should be to vomit immediately due to the intense amount of sugar in it but the phosphoric acid tricks your body into tolerating it. Article was called "This is what happens in your body when you drink a coke", can't post links here, though.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieCat666 View Post
    You should avoid drinking soda anywhere near a workout.
    Junk food, too.

I read an article recently that said that your body's natural reaction to a coke should be to vomit immediately due to the intense amount of sugar in it but the phosphoric acid tricks your body into tolerating it. Article was called "This is what happens in your body when you drink a coke", can't post links here, though.
    that photo/gif was scientifically disproved on many facts, the main one being the very one you stated. that is a fallacy, that your body would v immediately.

I think you've overloaded your body with bad stuff and it's suffering now! I think you'll be fine soon, you're probably overthinking it and therefore exaggerating the nausea as I often do - a few weeks ago I munched on a whole sharing bag of milky bar buttons and felt nausea soon after, I panicked, nausea intensified, I thought I would be s*, I went outside for fresh air and sipped on water, took deep breaths and the nausea slowly faded away. Safe to say I learnt my lesson to not be so greedy!

Try drinking tea to help digest the food i personal think v* is never necessary unless you have actually swallowed poison such as alcohol / food poisoning however is a different story there's no need for the body to v* it just does it because it thinks it's poisoned and it thinks it can get rid of the bacteria that way which is not true really there's nothing that v* can help you with during food poisoning your blood has already come in contact with bacteria and only thing to do is let the immune system fight it out it's hard to explain but I've read a lot into. However if you had food poisoning you'd know! It comes on very strong and usually very fast with a fever. Hopefully tea a cool shower or bath will help i don't think gravol will help much if you have indigestion probably go with antiacids such as tums or gaviscon, pepto if you don't have tea even drinking hot water can ease the tummy a bit. Best wishes!