Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Unhappy Worst case scenario, boyfriend sick on a trip. Help!

Hi guys

So I just moved out for the first time in my life(I'm 21) on Saturday. I moved in with my boyfriend into a beautiful 2 bedroom on Saturday. That was all quite stressful in itself. He had old friends coming to a town that's about a hour and a bit away from us from Monday to Saturday.

So i already didn't want to go on this trip to stay in this other town for 4 nights because I'm already stressed, but I knew I had to so here I am on this trip on day three. Last night we all went to a nice resturant. I'm not a huge fan of eating out. I always get something safe like chicken strips that are hard to mess up unless I know the resturant well. My boyfriend had a different dish than me and about 4 hours later was quite sick. He was sick all night and here I am with barely 4 hours of sleep panicking and texting my mom who totally gets it luckily.

Im still kinda freaking out. Like I know I'm not sick and probably won't be by this point, but I'm still all worried with tons of what ifs going through my head.

Ugh this trip was going to be hard enough and now it's one of the worst case scenarios. The really sucky part is that I was actually starting to enjoy myself yesterday.

Default Re: Worst case scenario, boyfriend sick on a trip. Help!

How is everything going now? You sound like you handled it pretty good!

Default Re: Worst case scenario, boyfriend sick on a trip. Help!

I think hes not sick anymore he's been sleeping for about 4 hours straight now. I feel the crappy anxiety feelings but other than that I'm doing ok.