Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

My intestines are all messed up today. They have been groaning and gurgling really bad for the last 2 hours. I really hope I'm not getting sick! I haven't had d* - actually I haven't had to go at all. I just feel (and hear) my intestines are not too happy. Does this sound like a sv? I am not n* - I'm actually kind of hungry, but I'm afraid to eat if I am starting to get sick. Yuck!

Well, eat something light.. ( don't forget you are prengnant, and your body is pumped w/ hormones and going through changes ).

See if that makes you feel better. If you are feeling fine, then chances are that you are just that... and get some more to eat.
    Friendship is like pee in your pants.... everyone can see it.... but only YOU can feel it\'s true warmth...

I guess it has really been going on longer than 2 hours. When I got up this morning I was really gassy, and did have to go to the bathroom twice this morning when I got to work. But like I said, no d*. I have been kind of constipated lately, probably just my body righting itself. I hate it though! I have also been stressing about money. I'm sure that doesn't help either. I'm trying to stop stressing now, though, because I know it's bad for the baby. So, with as long as it has been going on (about 6 or 7 hours total) do you think I would know by now if I was really sick with a sv?

sillygirl.. think of it as your baby inside you... you are pregnant and your baby is in your belly so your belly is gonna feel different. dont worry
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching.

I actually ate a cheese sandwich and felt fine. Now I just feel exhausted! About 2:30 everyday I lose all of my energy. I am not sure I can stay awake for the rest of the day!

Hey Sillygirl, when I was pregnant I always got tired at about that
    time in the afternoon! If its possible for you, try and have a nap, I
    always did if I could! Your body needs to rest because of all the extra
    things it is doing to make your little bump grow!!!
    Laugh, quick, before you cry....

Unfortunately I work until 4 or 4:30 so I can't nap untilI get home. Usually by the time I get home I feel a little better, but last night I got home, took a nice warm shower because I was freezing, and just standing in the shower I felt so exhausted and weak. I laid down on the couch and didn't really get up until I went to bed. My stomach felt better, I was just so tired! I had to force myself to get up and make something small to eat. I knew I would regret it if I didn't.

I got about 12 hours of sleep last night, but I woke up with a headache, sneezing, and stuffy nose (which is bloody when I blwo - sorry if it's TMI). I think I might be getting a sinus infection. I'm going to try and take it easy htis weekend, and I will call the doctor Monday if it's still bad. Is there anything you are allowed to take for that when you are pregnant? Any decongestant or anything?

Sillygirl,

Its normal to have blood when you blow. Its a part of pregnancy. You could be getting a sinus infection though. I know I have been stuffy for about a month.

You probably should check with your doctor about what to take. Some say its okay to take Sudafed. They say Tylenol products are ok...Tylenol sinus but I'd check with your doctor first. He may not want you to take that yet. Some docs are funny about what to take and what not to take in the first trimester!

I can understand your fear of hearing your intestines grumble and gurlgle. Mine does it all the time, with having IBS. But that is a normal sound of digestion. Everytime i hear mine gurglng away, i say to myself.."Very good, you're doing what you're supposed to do" hehe! Some ppl NEVER hear their intestines rumble...i ALWAYS hear mine! My boyfriend is the same way..his gut is LOUD with gurgles and grumbles! I laugh everytime i hear it hehe! So since you weren't feeling bad during the rumbles...it was just your intestines doing what they do best...DIGESTING. Especially since you mentioned being constipated and also the fact that you "went" twice the following day...your tummy was just "working" to get it moving :-)

Also on the nose bleeds...i get that each morning if i blow my nose...but mine's from the dry heat in the house. Every winter (when we have to crank up the heat) i will wake up, blow my nose, and it's bloody and i have a scratchy throat and stuffiness, but it never end up being a sinus infection...it's all from the dry heat! Maybe that's what's causing yours. Try adding a humidifier, or placing a bowl of water by your heater in your bedroom, just to add some moisture in the air...if you notice that you don't have the bloody blows, then you'll know your answer :-)

Best wishes on your pregnancy, hun!

God Bless!

Paula :-)
    For God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of power and of love and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

I have had the stuffy nose since I've been pregnant too. It's the combination of the blood and the massive headache (liek my eyes are going to pop out of my head) that makes me worry about a sinus infection. I think I will call the on call doctor and she what they say.

Seeing the doc first is always the best thing to do. Let us know what she says :-)
    For God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of power and of love and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7