Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default DH up sick right now

please help. DH up v-ing. Hadn't in years. This is my big trigger. Others doing it is worse for me. Am shaking in kids bed waiting for safe minut to go pee (other bathroom) and grab Xanax.

Default Re: DH up sick right now

Sorry to hear that -a scary and horrible situation I know. How's everybody now? Is he feeling better? Do you know if it's a virus or food poisoning?

Sorry this triple posted from my phone. I was able to get back to sleep after 90 minutes and some xanax. (And my "fight or flight" reaction of having D twice.)

I don't know what triggered it, which makes it more worrisome. He is on strong antibiotics for Lyme Disease, but they hadn't made him sick in the last 2 weeks since he started. He thought it was what he ate, but we ate the same and there was nothing unusual. That worries me more. He seems ok this morning. I'm just terrified the whole family is in for it now. We haven't had the "bug" in over a year, which was the first time I v'd in 19 years. At work now for the morning and he has work from 12-9, so I'll be home with the kids, paranoid about every sound and quirk.

Don't let anxiety ruin your day! I know its easy for me to say that but as long as YOU feel super fine, be happy..cos for every minute you feel poorly, youl envy the moment when ARE feeling great, like now.

I find that as much as I worry when someone's sick , I always feel so healthy at the time!!

My friend took the Lyme meds and v near the end of taking them but not during. It truly could be that.

Hii! This might be kind of late but I'm thinking it could definitely be the antibiotics. Sometimes it can take about 3 weeks give or take to have a reaction. Like penicillin for ex. My mom had omoxicillin 3 times in her life. The 3rd time she had a very severe reaction. Antibiotics aren't that great for your system. I would bet that you have nothing to worry about.
    I hope he's feelings better today!

It could definitely be the meds - especially since those are so strong. It can sometimes take over a week for there to be enough of the mediation in a persons system to elicit that kind of reaction.

i was on a particularly strong dose of amoxicillin with a steroid a few years back for a double ear infection. Around day 5 or 6 of being on it, it KILLED my stomach. Not V* but the most god awful almost crap yourself, better stay near a bathroom D*. It happened that night a few times and then I was fine. Heavy duty meds kill your stomach. I'm willing to bet that's all it was!