Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Scared to go to sleep and wake up nauseous

I know, you're all probably sick of me and my panic attacks, but I've got a slight fever, and I have chills & sweating, and I feel nauseous, and I'm scared to go to sleep and wake up and throw up. I'm terrified, but I have school tomorrow so I have to sleep but I can't I'm so scared...

Default Re: Scared to go to sleep and wake up nauseous

Help there's too much saliva and a weird burping spasmic thing going on and I'm so scared 😞

I dont even have any anti emetics jn the house and ginger gives me bad memories of all the anxiety attacks i mistook for illness and took it during, and i don't know what to do and im panicking pleaee help someone help and yes i ate today i ate dinner this is ruining my life i can't believe this i hate myself

I'm scared that if I get more nauseous, I'll hurt myself, because unfortunately my brain is saying I would rather be in a hospital, and obviously I'm not sick enough to be in one and that's the only way I can think of and I'm so scared and don't tell me that's irrational or bad, I already realize, that's why I said I'm scared I'll end up doing that because obviously when I panic the logical parts of my brain shut off.

are you doing alright now?

also, not to further upset you - but a hospital couldn't do much for your symptoms. it'd be unwise to hurt yourself! don't do it. more than likely it would just cause more anxiety for you, especially if someone there happened to be really sick. it's happened to me before.

i hope you managed to stay home from school, at least.

Sorry I didn't read today's posts til now so missed all this. I hope today turned out ok for you and that you did get some sleep last night. Don't ever ever hurt yourself on purpose, especially not to get in a hospital and especially not at night, that's the last place an Emetophobe wants to be! Actually I woke up last night and practically threw up after diarrhoea and still feel dodgy now but I have to say, that while none of us want to be sick if it was actually going to happen I'd rather wake up and it happen before I had loads of time to fret about it rather than be up for hours feeling nauseous knowing what was going to happen, so maybe try and turn your thought process round to make being asleep a positive thing? I do understand you though, I'm a bit edgy going to bed tonight just in case history repeats itself but I went through months of being like that after I had norovirus once and ended up sleeping on the settee every night and got a bad back. Hope you're feeling better anyhow.

Hey Older.Rmiller. We are all similar here, we get you. Don't stress. Everyone with Emetophobia instantly cares about others with this fear. Thinking of you, hope you're ok.

Next time try watch something on youtube and take some deep breaths - I watch something funny, or a nature documentary !