Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Wisdom Teeth - numbness / tongue numbing and sensitive gag reflex & the drugs

After reading and watching videos on Youtube. My major concern for wisdoom teeth extraction is having a numb tongue.
    I sip water when I get anxious and even if after my procedure, I can't, I tend to g* and *r and freak out.
    I think I will be okay, but having a numb tongue/throat does not sound very pleasant for any emet.

Default Re: Wisdom Teeth - numbness / tongue numbing and sensitive gag reflex & the drugs

You won't be numb for that long. Also, you'll be pretty drugged after your procedure so you won't feel anxious, trust me. You'll just want to sleep.

Default Re: Wisdom Teeth - numbness / tongue numbing and sensitive gag reflex & the drugs

you won't remember it all. by the time the gas or whatever wears off, you will feel everything. I hate the numb tongue too...but I don't remember it at all. and even if it is mildly numb, it won't be pervasive all the way through, maybe just the outer part. the tongue is very deep with nerves.

I got my wisdom tooth out and was afraid of the same things. As long as you do what the doctors say, nothing will happen. I was really calm and sleepy, you really just act kinda silly while you're drugged up. You sleep 99% of the time anyway, you'll be perfectly fine.

Thank you for the comments ! I am much more relaxed than when I initially posted. I think the hardest part is letting go and letting the drugs do their thing. I always get tense and scared of losing control over myself mostly.