Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

My boyfriend popped the question on December 8, the five year anniversary of our first date, and I've got the most beautiful ring. We're planning for a 2007 wedding, but we aren't going to start the planning until after Christmas (with emet, holidays are tough enough for me to get through without worrying about wedding planning).

I'm soooooooooooo happy!
    Ultimately we know deeply that the other side of every fear is a freedom. - Marilyn Ferguson

Habituation always defeats fear. - Edmund Bourne

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!

Aren't you the one in Joliet? If so, now we HAVE to meet, so I can see your beautiful ring! How did he do it, if you don't mind my asking? I love to hear stories of people getting engaged, in case it never happens to me!

Mary
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

Congratulations! I am so happy for you! It sounds pretty romantic! I actually found that the wedding plans kept me so involved I had less time to worry about emet. It was a nice break!

Congratulations! You must be on top of the world!

Have you set a date??

You are the luckiest girl ever! Congrats!
    instant messenger-aggiecrafts

Everything happens for a reason

Congratulations, Kelly!!! Best of luck to you.

Doug

CONGRATULATIONS KELLY!!!!!!

For God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of power and of love and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

CONGRATS!!!
    I\'m not completely insane; I\'m just a little bit crazy.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

I got engaged on December 6...many years ago and we got married in June , so I did do all the planning in the winter which did keep me busy and my mind off of SV's etc.

I am so happy for you and enjoy every minute of the excitement. It is wonderful to be with someone you love!!!
    TRY to live each day like it were your last

Thats great, I'm so happy for you!

congratulations[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    ♥Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks to sarah140 for my avatar and Fiona for my siggie
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"We can\'t help everyone. But everyone can help someone\"

Congratulations!!! I got engaged in 2001 and we finally got married in August. It is so excited. You will have to keep us posted!!!
    Today is the tomorrow I dreaded yesterday and I\'m ok.

Thanks everyone!!! We're thinking of March 17, 2007 (St. Patrick's Day - for luck and b/c we're both part Irish), but we're not positive yet.

Tim made up a website for me a while ago telling me how much he loved me, and put hearts and flowers, etc. on it. On December 8, he told me to check the website again. I hadn't looked at it in a very long time. He had added another page, with doves, rings and wedding bells. On the bottom of the page, it said: "I love you. Will you marry me?" I turned around and there he was with the ring!

Harmonygirl, we will have to get together (I am the one in Joliet). I love showing off my ring. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    Ultimately we know deeply that the other side of every fear is a freedom. - Marilyn Ferguson

Habituation always defeats fear. - Edmund Bourne

Many congratulations! It's nice to feel something positive from time to time. This will be a real tonic for you. Good luck!

[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]CONGRATULATIONS!!!!![img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Hey.....CONGRATS!!!!!

LOL- if you get married on March 17th- YOU MUST make him wear a kilt I am trying to warm my boyfriend up to the idea, hehe.

*AMber*

Yay! Let me know when you want to get together and show off your ring!

Mary
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

Congratulations, I am so jealous!

Congrats!!! and I am so jealous too! you shoudl take a pic of your ring and post it!!!!! so we can all see

becky
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching.

Awww Congrats!!![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

I know it is wonderful being in love...I hope my guy pops the question soon! Before him though, I was engaged in 1999, and thenmy ex fiance left me last year. It was hell and torture..but I got through it and met someone even better!
    I am sooo ready to marry him!!

How exciting!! Congratulations!! I think that St. Pats is a great day. I wanna get married on Halloween.. or some day that he can't forget .. lol
    Friendship is like pee in your pants.... everyone can see it.... but only YOU can feel it\'s true warmth...

Congratulations! you must be so excited. Take a pic of your ring so you can show it off to all of us!

This weekend i went to a party with my bf. It was one of his mates bday and all his work mates were there and they kept calling me his fiance so i told them we wernt engaged and they said how he is always talking about me at work and wants to marry me! lol my bf can be an idiot at times but he is so sweet. We had a talk about if afterwards and i said i was worried he would never propose and we would end up living with his mum forever etc and he said that it is deffinately going to happen but hes not sure when yet. I feel so much happier now that i at least know that we want the same thing. Im only 19 so im not in any rush but we have been together nearly 4 years and iv been waiting for him to show some commitment.

Yeah, I found that I anticipated the engagement ring the most.. lol.. however, I find that I'm not in any rush to actually get married. LOL.. I think it's b/c the ring is the first symbol of I PLAN on spending forever w/ you b/c I can't live w/o you... and so forth... and it's like once you know that... well.. you know you have forever to plan your wedding.. at least the rest of your lives.. so what's the rush... right.?
    Friendship is like pee in your pants.... everyone can see it.... but only YOU can feel it\'s true warmth...

YAY!!! Congrats, hun!!!!!

Crystal
    That, which does not kill us, makes us stronger!

Congratulations to you and your fiance!!!! You will have a wonderful time planning your wedding![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Yeah Congratulations! I wish I could have a beautiful wedding but so far the only people who want to marry me are either already married or psychotic.

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

Quote Originally Posted by samara's on tv

Yeah Congratulations! I wish I could have a beautiful wedding but so far the only people who want to marry me are either already married or psychotic.

~Monica

I hear ya!!!! LOL!
    That, which does not kill us, makes us stronger!

Congratulations! What a sweet way to propose, I'd love to see a pic of the ring too!

Congratulations!!!! :-)
    **No one knows what it\'s like behind my green eyes.**