Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Please help, need advice.

Hey guys,

Today at about midday (Australian time, 8 hours ago) I started feeling nauseous and a bit dizzy - wrote it off as anxiety nausea and a strong coffee.

Anyway, now I have a pretty bad stomach ache, like the worst I have had that I can remember, its bad and stressing me out so much. I actually don't feel all that nauseous right now, and not too repulsed by food.

I have Maxolon should I take that? I just wan't it to go, I have a really important day at University tomorrow and have been going so well with actually attending, super stressed, have no idea how I may have caught an SV.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Default Re: Please help, need advice.

Stomach pain awful, its now making noises. Absolutely terrified of my night ahead. Eeeek.

I've only had an SV once but I didn't even have a bad tummy ache with it, just needly pains shortly before i was sick. Barring things like appendicitis, bad pain like you have got now is usually trapped wind or bowel spasms. Do you have any peppermint or ginger tea you could sip, or even just plain hot water can also help. Try moving around as that can help release it too if it is wind. Where about specifically on your abdomen is the pain?

Quote Originally Posted by paulinek View Post
    I've only had an SV once but I didn't even have a bad tummy ache with it, just needly pains shortly before i was sick. Barring things like appendicitis, bad pain like you have got now is usually trapped wind or bowel spasms. Do you have any peppermint or ginger tea you could sip, or even just plain hot water can also help. Try moving around as that can help release it too if it is wind. Where about specifically on your abdomen is the pain?
    Thanks for your reply Paulinek.

Was bizarre, never had a pain like that before, was curled in a ball - the pain was no where near appendix. I managed to get a heat pack on my stomach and calmed myself down and fell to sleep about 2am, after a horrid 7 hours! My stomach is still not feeling too great, a little tight and pretty tender with the occasional ache.

Given its still here, to a much smaller extent, I believe it must be some kind of bacteria or SV that I managed to keep symptoms down. I heard about a few things going around at my gym...

I have appetite though, a little groggy and just but just too timid to eat much at the moment. I am sort of glad I had a stomach ache like that so in the future I know that its not necessarily impending doom!

I hate weird mysterious things like that, i always like to know exactly what the matter is/was and it drives me nuts trying to work out what it might have been! Maybe I have been lucky but funnily enough I have never ever had bad stomach pains prior to vomiting, it's always turned out to be wind or diarrhoea - if lower down. My partner had appendicitis about 7 years ago and obviously had terrible pain but he didn't vomit from either that or the surgery which is reassuring. Glad you are feeling a little better, take it easy, eat light and I'm sure you'll be back to normal in no time.