Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Everything feels too much please help

My anxiety is through the roof - and not mainly to do with emet. I am under an extreme amount of stress in my life. The anxiety is so bad I am feeling very nauseous.

I have woke in the night, shaking and crying and panicking. I felt an urge to v* just a few moments ago. What doesn't help is I am just finishing a course of antibiotics for a chest infection which has affected my stomach too. I'm also on Valium for panic attacks. The anxiety also triggers my emet and vica verca - earlier this evening I met a friend to cheer me up and I had a two glasses of red wine and some seafood and I am already convincing myself I have a hangover and food poisoning which isn't really the case.

What I'm trying to say is my mind is like a washing machine, filled with anxiety generally and also the emet, feeding each other. I don't know whether medication as a factor is hindering or helping but my stomach also feels like a washing machine. Everything feels in a tangle and a vicious circle of anxiety, emet, side effects, panic about food/drink, or any one of these in isolation or any combination together.

Does anyone kind of know what this feels like? It is hell, total hell.

Default Re: Everything feels too much please help

I know what that feels like. Last semester I had a really triggering experince with my phobia and after that literally anything set me off. I was anxious all the time and the Anxeity and phobia were just feeding into eachother. Stress especially set me off. But what I found really helped me was looking up "guided meditation Anxeity" on YouTube. They really help guide you through clearing your head, breathing and relaxing your muscles which help to physically relieve the Anxeity. I also found that I was generally less anxious for a day or so after I exersized. I hope this helps!

Bless your heart. I understand. I know anytime I'm sick it makes my anxiety so much worse. But it does pass and I feel good again. Do what crazy cat girl and look up some relaxation videos on you tube and just let time pass. A good sleep also cures me 95% of the time. Hope you feel better soon ((hugs)). I also like to look up motivational videos and listen to them while exercising. That can drastically change my general feeling of well being.

i go through this all the time, you are not alone.