Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hey all

I'm about to put myself down for either a Yoga or Pilates class. I have done a bit of Yoga which I did enjoy, but not sure which to sign up for.

Any suggestions?

If you want to get your a$$ kicked, do pilates!!! It's super tough, but soooo good for getting toned up! I think yoga is more for flexibility and pilates is for a strong core. They're both good.
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

It depends. I was a dancer with a ballet company for many years and we did Pilates for injuries. Pilates was started in the 1920's for dancer injuries by Joseph Pilates. I am also a certified Iyengar Yoga instructor. Both modalities are great. Yoga is about aligning the spine and gaining flexibility. Pilates is about working from the c-core. Either one is great. Make sure you get a certified instructor who knows what they are doing. Injuries can occur from taking either one.

Pilates is awesome!!! I started about a month ago and can totally tell a difference, especially in my ab muscles. Yoga would be good, too. I read a great article (I think in Prevention magazine) that yoga and pilates make you more aware of your body and thus makes you focus more on taking care of it and maintaining your weight, etc.