Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thumbs down comfort needed.... around someone who was possibly sick

my ex came over after work today because he had owed me some money but when he was here he said he had been feeling sick all day. I asked what he meant but he didn't really give me a clear answer just that he felt gross and tired. He seemed really out of it so i didn't question him anymore ( he knows im afraid of v*) so i think it's quite cruel of him to not take it seriously and come over in that condition but i guess it can't be helped after all people without emetophobia never really seem to get what all the fuss is about and take our fear lightly. Anyways out of kindness i let him lay down on my bed for a bit and got him some water though deep down i was terrified and just wanted him to leave after he finally left i wanted to wash my sheets but found no change to do so. So I tried to be cool about it layed down because he never said he had the stomach flu or anything so i was just trying to tell myself not to get my head in a knot and overreact. The day went on and i felt fine forgot about it ate some frozen pizza and now it's 11:58pm at night and i feel nauseous i tried to contact my ex to ask him if he found out what it was he had but no answer he must be asleep i guess I wont hear from him until morning if im lucky (he's not too attached to his phone) I just need some comfort im really scared and have no one to talk to please help!

Default Re: comfort needed.... around someone who was possibly sick

Keep this in perspective. as long as he was not actively sick, he would not be contagious whether he had a stomach bug or not. It makes you feel better wash the sheets in hot water, but it sounds to me like you're going to be fine

I agree, he didn't vomit while he was at your house so even if he literally erupted with noro the second he left your house you can't have caught anything off him. That was very nice of you to let him lay on your bed by the way.

People feel yucky all of the time, the vast majority of the time it's NOT norovirus. He wasn't sick at your house and most likely wasn't even contagious. Regardless you couldn't have caught anything that quickly. You are totally safe. Focus on something else today, do a project, color a picture (it's great for relaxation!), listen to some fun music, clean out a closet. Anything but think about v*. You're going to be fine!