Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

Default Apple cider vinegar...?

I read somewhere a tablespoon of Apple cider vinegar in a glass of water can not only stop v*, but if you drink it daily it can prevent a stomach b* all together because it kills the virus that causes v*.

Anyone test this ever? Cause if that's true, I'm going to add Apple cider vinegar to my morning and nightly routine. Kill the bad germs I may have collected during the day...

Default Re: Apple cider vinegar...?

I've heard something along those lines too, not sure of the specifics though and I dint know anyone who can vouch for it working either. I'd maybe have a Google and see what you come up with and also look for any possible negative effects having vinegar every day may have, there may not be any but probably worth checking out.

Doubtful. I think it would just make you feel worse. Norovirus is a tricky virus which is why they are having such a hard time making a vaccine to eliminate it. Grape juice, vinegar, etc. are no match in my opinion. Wish they were!

I am very much a modern medicine kind of girl, but there are a few natural remedies I swear by: honey, ginger, and apple cider vinegar. I can't speak to apple cider vinegar helping out stomach problems, but it really helps me when I feel like I'm getting a cold or I have a cold. I think it has anti inflammatory properties. I mix a tablespoon of vinegar and water in a shot glass and take the shot followed by a tablespoon of honey. Taking it straight without water is bad for your teeth. The honey just gets rid of the taste . They also sell it in pill form if drinking vinegar is too mich for you but I think the actual vinegar is more effective. It can't hurt you so there's no harm in trying to see if its a natural stomach virus remedy, though I swear it has helped me fight off many a cold

MY MOM SWEARS BY APPLE CIDER VINEGAR.
    Lol! But seriously, she would ALWAYS tell me to have a small glass of water and add a splash of apple cider vinegar and sip on it when you're nauseous or have a stomach ache. And I do sometimes and I would say it helps! Its something about the acid in it counter acting with the acid in your stomach idk but it helps! It tastes so bad but i deal with it if it means my stomach feeling better.

Call me a nut BUTTTT during the winter I drank a jug of grape juice every 2 days lol. Then I was like this is crazy so I started drinking 1 glass of plain grape juice in the morning and a glass with grape juice and apple cider vinegar at night. I'm not positive that it works but my kids had a sv* in may and I either didn't get it or I got it mild.
    Anything that keeps your gut in an alkaline state will help in preventing sv*.
    There are also other benefits to drinking ACV. It's worth a shot.
    I'm drinking a glass right now lol.

Quote Originally Posted by mamabear93 View Post
    Call me a nut BUTTTT during the winter I drank a jug of grape juice every 2 days lol. Then I was like this is crazy so I started drinking 1 glass of plain grape juice in the morning and a glass with grape juice and apple cider vinegar at night. I'm not positive that it works but my kids had a sv* in may and I either didn't get it or I got it mild.
    Anything that keeps your gut in an alkaline state will help in preventing sv*.
    There are also other benefits to drinking ACV. It's worth a shot.
    I'm drinking a glass right now lol.
    I did some research after reading your comment about keeping your gut in an alkaline state. Your stomach is never in an alkaline state. It's acidic all the time and it's so potent (about as acidic as battery acid, actually) that nothing you ingest can change that for more than a few minutes at a time. That's why I don't think that things like grape juice or apple cider vinegar do anything to prevent stomach viruses (they're good for you in other ways though). You have an immune system for a reason. That's what protects us from stomach viruses, or illness in general.