Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Worst I've felt and freaked out in a long time

I've not been on here in a while--i've been feeling pretty good.

I'm now 8 weeks pregnant and scared. I was dealing ok with the N for most of the last week or two. I got laid off which is kind of a blessing because I am home all day now. But my doc had me go off Pristiq and start Zoloft this week. I did it wrong (my fault) and did it cold turkey this past Monday. Well, yesterday I started feeling very bad, had some D but still managed to cope and feel normal somewhat. Today I've not been able to eat anything but some crackers and a piece of toast. I've had very bad D which I initially thought was from withdrawal from Pristiq (I've read it can be pretty severe) and just anxiety (can't take my xanax during preg and trying to get used to this fact). Now I'm freaking out. D every 2-3 hours and so afraid I'm going to v because there is nothing in my stomach. My nerves are shot and my poor hubby thinks I'm crazy. I've quarantined myself in our bedroom and am just petrified. I don't think this is typical morning sickness even though I have felt N a few afternoons last week or so. That was tolerable somewhat and I managed. But this is totally different.

I ended up calling my doc and they said it was ok if i needed to go back on the Pristiq (just a smaller dose). Many women have taken it during pregnancy and the baby was fine. There are always risks--I am aware of this. So please no holier-than-thous are welcome in this thread. I'm trying to function like a normal person so I can take care of this baby! So I took a small dose of the pristiq (which has been a god-send for me the last 10+ years). I have no idea how long it will take to get into my system if, in fact, this D is from anti-depressant withdrawal. Please don't let it be a virus.

I want this to pass! I thought i was done around 6:30 but then had D again around 8:45. It was quick but awful. That horrible cold sweaty lightheaded feeling...please make it go away. I cannot v. I just can't.

Default Re: Worst I've felt and freaked out in a long time

I'm sorry to hear you had to go through this. You are brave for taking on pregnancy! I hope you are feeling better by now.

I was thinking the cold,sweaty, lightheaded feeling is probably from the panic and not the stomach issues. I have found abruptly starting or stopping meds can cause stomach upset.