Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Stepdad is s*!

Default Stepdad is s*!

Unfortunately I'm back on these forums after leaving in March... I just woke up, (Yes, at 1:45 p.m ), and went downstairs to get some breakfast. I took my retainer out and go myself a choco taco without washing my hands. My mom then told me that my stepdad has the stomach flu, of which he confirmed it was true. I'm worried because I didn't wash my hands before I took my retainer out and ate food (Although I ate the food in the wrapper), and more worried that I'm going to catch it from dinner tonight if he happens to touch any of the food. I really want to prevent this, I've gone so long stress-free and now it's just been broken,

Default Re: Stepdad is s*!

The important thing is for you to not allow this to set you back! Remember to stay centered and to only allow RATIONAL thought to enter in. How do you prevent a stomach bug? You wash your hands before touching your mouth. That's IT! Your stepfather most likely won't even want to eat dinner if he is sick with a virus, but if he does, who sticks their hands into the main course? None! He's not going to do that. No adult does. He'll recover, you'll be fine and this will soon be a distant memory. A simple virus has NOT stopped you from being care free, your old thought patterns have. It's a big fat nothing. A few hour bug that's most likely over with at this point. Do what you can to help your stepdad, clean up if anything needs it and move on. That's what 'normal' people do and they don't usually get sick!

Default Re: Stepdad is s*!

Quote Originally Posted by Syrup View Post
    The important thing is for you to not allow this to set you back! Remember to stay centered and to only allow RATIONAL thought to enter in. How do you prevent a stomach bug? You wash your hands before touching your mouth. That's IT! Your stepfather most likely won't even want to eat dinner if he is sick with a virus, but if he does, who sticks their hands into the main course? None! He's not going to do that. No adult does. He'll recover, you'll be fine and this will soon be a distant memory. A simple virus has NOT stopped you from being care free, your old thought patterns have. It's a big fat nothing. A few hour bug that's most likely over with at this point. Do what you can to help your stepdad, clean up if anything needs it and move on. That's what 'normal' people do and they don't usually get sick!
    I asked him and he said he didn't v* only d*, so that's good. It's now a day later and my mom has a major headache and I think she v*. I know the more realistic possibility is that she has heat stroke from being in the sun for an hour playing tennis on a 90 degree day, but it still irks me wrong.