Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Help help help

Default Help help help

My son had a Ving bug on Monday. My mother then caught it and had it on Wednesday. Now today I started to feel funny in the tummy and just then I had D and I'm feeling really sick. I can't deal with this. Help help help. I'm starting to become irrational and want to go to the hospital and get a shot to stop vomiting because I feel like I'm going to. I'm so so scared. Someone please talk to me and distract me.

Default Re: Help help help

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
    My son had a Ving bug on Monday. My mother then caught it and had it on Wednesday. Now today I started to feel funny in the tummy and just then I had D and I'm feeling really sick. I can't deal with this. Help help help. I'm starting to become irrational and want to go to the hospital and get a shot to stop vomiting because I feel like I'm going to. I'm so so scared. Someone please talk to me and distract me.
    Im so sorry to hear that you are feeling so sick and distressed. I do understand that panicked feeling all to well.

If you are concerned about contracting an illness, I have heard that lavender essential oil is really helpful in combating not only the physical discomforts, but it is also an anti-viral. It is the best to rub it on the bottoms of your feet because it absorbs the fastest there, feet have the largest pores. I have also found Apple Cidar Vinegar also kills bacteria in the stomach, but it's best to dilute it in water, as it is really strong.

peppermint and ginger essential oils also help me when I don't feel well. The smell of peppermint alone will usually ease my stomach.

I know this may not provide immediate results, especially if you don't have access to these items right now. But know that I do understand and I will say a prayer for you.

Can you put on a movie or show to distract you? Remember that regardless this isn't an emergency. You CAN handle this. There's no need to go to the hospital, it's not right to go take the doctor's time and resources away from those that are in dire situations. Viruses aren't a crisis, though I know your head is telling you that this is. Call your friend, read a book, listen to music and wait this out. In a few hours this will be behind you and over with! You're doing great - keep going! We're here for you!!!!

It's Sunday and the start of a new week, I reckon if you had it you would got it a proper long time ago....
    Buttt if worst comes to worst, allllll the peppermint in the world, especially gum like Extra(if you're British lol)

I hope you are feeling better now? If you have caught a bug it is best to try and let nature take its course. I know its really hard but if you feel like you really have to v try to relax and let it happen. When I caught a bug from my daughter after a long v free streak it was awful but once I ved I felt so much better. Just try not to panic and remember if you have caught it it will only be a short time before you feel better again. Hugs x

Thanks so much everyone for your replys. I was up all night on the verge of V but only had D. Thank god. I wish I could control the irrational thoughts that come over me but in that moment it really does feel like the world is caving in lol. I'm feeling a lot better than this time last night. Still no appetite but the cramping, aching and D have stopped. Thanks for the tips too everyone. I will definitely be trying a few of those. It is so nice and reassuring to know that there are others out there just like me that can relate exactly to how I am feeling. Thanks again everyone 😃

Hi. I just wanted to know, in hindsight do you think that you was up all night on the verge because of the nausea caused by anxiety.. Or because you was actually ill? ..sometimes I find it so hard to distinguish between actually ill feeling and anxiety. I know u had D too though, so maybe was real.. But do you think the anxiety made the N much worse?
    Just curious.. Wondering if it's only me that gets so anxious I feel N! Lol.
    The lavender is a good tip, will be trying this xx

Ps. I read somewhere that emetophobes are very rarely S. Maybe because we fight it so much!? Do you think, had you not been afraid or tried to stop it, that you would have been? Xx