Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Lost my anti-emetics, panic :( nausea help.

I gave my last lot of 'in date' anti emetics to my therapist as a step forward last month, but I had to stop therapy and now it's turning to winter I panicked and went and picked up a new prescription for the pills the other day. Well tonight I felt a little ill and went to get the pills, but they aren't there. I searched the whole house - even my cars and even the bin!! I couldn't find them the more I looked without finding them the more panicky and stressed I felt. I'm laid in bed right now feeling so scared and alone my boyfriend's laid next to me asleep.. He understands as much as he can about this, but there's no waking him up.
    I've never been a night without my pills in 16 years.. I fear something awful is going to happen to me and I won't be in control or cope. I am losing it! Someone please help me!

Default Re: Lost my anti-emetics, panic :( nausea help.

But you went a month while your therapist had your pills, no? And you made it! I think that means you are stronger than you are giving credit for! Feel free to chat me if you see me on - distractions of the mind can help and my anxiety is what kills my stomach the most! Best of luck!

you know in 25 years as an emet I have never once taken an antiemetic! even pregnant. it is possible to function without them. seriously. they are not some magical talisman that PREVENT you from being exposed to something. face this challenge. you can do it.

You can do it! Just relax, practice any breathing exercises that may help. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts!

So sorry you're feeling this way, but maybe not being able to find them is a blessing in disguise. Try to distract yourself with something, if you can't sleep maybe put on a favourite film to take your mind off it.
    Also, all my life I've been emet and have never taken anti emetic, in fact until I found this forum I didn't even know they existed!! Lol!

This is a blessing, trust me. I was given zofran before I even knew I was emet for my ibs nausea and once I knew such a thing existed, I loved the idea of them. I still have them. I don't even take them that often, but I always have them. This is a good thing, as they are just a crutch. You can do this!
    “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”

“We are the girls with anxiety disorders, filled appointment books, five-year plans. We take ourselves very, very seriously. We are the peacemakers, the do-gooders, the givers, the savers. We are on time, overly prepared, well read, and witty, intellectually curious, always moving. We pride ourselves on getting as little sleep as possible and thrive on self-deprivation. We drink coffee, a lot of it. We are on birth control, Prozac, and multivitamins. We are relentless, judgmental with ourselves, and forgiving to others. We never want to be as passive-aggressive as our mothers, never want to marry men as uninspired as our fathers. We are the daughters of the feminists who said, “You can be anything,” and we heard, “You have to be everything.”

I agree that this is a GOOD thing for you and your recovery! This will prove to you that you CAN cope without anti-emetics. To be honest, you're better off without them. Anti-emetics are beneficial in some cases but not when they become a crutch for your phobia. Remember there are side effects to any medication so if you can do without them, that's best. Continue to challenge yourself and build your confidence that you have the strength within yourself to handle n* AND v* if that's what it becomes! You're amazing and you've got this!