Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Wisdom Teeth removal tomorrow morning *help* :(

So tomorrow at 7 AM, I go in to get the anti-anxiety medicine, and at 8 the surgery is scheduled.
    I'm nervous as I've never been sedated before, in my posts, of which I'm sorry I posted so many. This is just really stressful.

I'm mostly concerned with the fact that I can't sip or drink water to calm myself.
    When I am most anxious, I tend to breath sharply and r** from all the intake of air. I know if I practice breathing exercises I'll be okay.

Also, the feeling of the drugs and being put to sleep. I'm afraid that will make me n** and g** and make it worse.
    Also being put to sleep and waking up with gauze in my mouth just sounds like one big g** fest.

I'm fine when I'm home, it's just being infront of strangers when I'm an emet is so hard.

Also I'm so worried my gag reflex will flare up even with sedation.

Default Re: Wisdom Teeth removal tomorrow morning *help* :(

Make sure you don't eat or drink anything after they tell you not to. Midnight tonight?
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by gumdropper1 View Post
    Make sure you don't eat or drink anything after they tell you not to. Midnight tonight?

Yes, Midnight was the cut off. I'm drinking water until around 11, want to be hydrated at least.

you'll be fine. I had tons of teeth pulled and it's really not that bad. ice pack and milkshakes for a day.

The sedation will not make you sick....i had it when i had an endoscopy done a few months ago and to be honest...I loved the feeling of being sedated! LOL And i was a nervous wreck before and so scared and anxious. I was literally in hysterics right before my procedure. As soon as they give you the meds will drift into the best sleep youve ever had.

Just plan on having ice packs and pain meds ready and some crackers. You will be just fine!!
    "This too shall pass"

Thank you for all the support!