Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: You need to read this

Quote Originally Posted by paulinek View Post
    I left here for a long time due to all the falling's out.
    Gosh, i have no idea what i missed after i grew tired of the rinse-repeat cycle.

Do you mind if i PM you Pauline?

Well it's definitely not me, I still haven't worked out how to log-in to this site without first having to click on private forums then it telling me I have to log in and do it from there How can someone hack in to an entire website though? I had a soap making one once and I needed a username & password to get into the admin bit - maybe the answer is closer to home and it's someone from that forum that isn't who they seem? I don't know. or can't the owner of the other forum go to the website provider people and ask them to look in to it? Surely there must be traceable IP adresses or something?

The thing is, without any proof I don't think it is helpful to come on here making accusations, and likewise if anyone doesn't like IES then please don't come on here causing trouble, I left here for a long time due to all the falling's out and it seems to have settled down again so it would be good to keep it that way. I feel sorry for anyone who found the support they needed on the other forum and have lost it that is a horrible thing to happen, i remember how i felt when IES was down the other month amd it;s not nice. I hope they get it sorted out soon.
    That's what I'm trying to say though and I'm glad you're seeing it a bit from the OPs perspective, yes it was wrong to come here and accuse IES of this, I'm not defending the actions of the member who did it, I'm merely asking everyone to try to understand why they did it. That's it. We're not saying that IES is terrible or accusing every one of its members of malice towards IJP, just asking that you see it through the OPs eyes who had just lost a huge support network that some people come to rely on.

Quote Originally Posted by kyle1989 View Post
    Gosh, i have no idea what i missed after i grew tired of the rinse-repeat cycle.

Do you mind if i PM you Pauline?
    You can PM me whenever you like I've just messaged you back.

I started typing my reply and didn't get to press send for ages (i'm at work) and now i've read back through it turns out that the issue with the other forum seemed to have been sorted out. I understand keeping the culprit anonymous, but considering accusations were levelled at IES - albeit by one person - could someone from the other forum please confirm that the culprit was not a member of IES just to put all the supicion to bed once and for all?

You can PM me whenever you like I've just messaged you back.

I started typing my reply and didn't get to press send for ages (i'm at work) and now i've read back through it turns out that the issue with the other forum seemed to have been sorted out. I understand keeping the culprit anonymous, but considering accusations were levelled at IES - albeit by one person - could someone from the other forum please confirm that the culprit was not a member of IES just to put all the supicion to bed once and for all?
    I PM'd the admin at IJP when it first came back up and she didn't want to say who it was or wasn't so that there wouldn't be reason for more conflict. I wish I knew because I think that it'd help but if she doesn't want to tell, no one can make her.

this is super embarrassing, lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by KaydeeJayde View Post
    I PM'd the admin at IJP when it first came back up and she didn't want to say who it was or wasn't so that there wouldn't be reason for more conflict. I wish I knew because I think that it'd help but if she doesn't want to tell, no one can make her.
    i think that rules out it being an IES member then - if it were, then I'm sure all hell would have broken loose, the fact it is being kept hush hush indicates it is, as I suspected someone from that site itself. Just like the person who was supposed to have threatened to take the site down was probably from there too, not here, as they claimed. Like babyfairy says - embarrassing. I know it wasn't the admin herself who came over here throwing accusations about, but still, it doesn't look good. Let just hope after all of this, that the two sites can co-exist side by side with us continuing not to mention them and them to start not slating IES at every given opportunity, then people can choose the place they feel most comfortable and we can all get on with the business of getting one over on emetophobia!
    Last edited by paulinek; 09-21-2015 at 10:30 AM. Reason: quote went in twice

i think that rules out it being an IES member then - if it were, then I'm sure all hell would have broken loose, the fact it is being kept hush hush indicates it is, as I suspected someone from that site itself. Just like the person who was supposed to have threatened to take the site down was probably from there too, not here, as they claimed. Like babyfairy says - embarrassing. I know it wasn't the admin herself who came over here throwing accusations about, but still, it doesn't look good. Let just hope after all of this, that the two sites can co-exist side by side with us continuing not to mention them and them to start not slating IES at every given opportunity, then people can choose the place they feel most comfortable and we can all get on with the business of getting one over on emetophobia!
    I'll PM her again to see if she'll give more info I think both sites would benefit from the closure...

Kyle - I literally love your rational responses. I want to high five you through my computer screen.

I suspect it was an IJP member or someone who hates IES and wants us to look bad, like Franca. I agree, since we were falsely accused, we should be told who it was. Let's be transparent here. If she can't be, then it's pretty clear it wasn't an IES member because if it was, it would have been plastered on both boards in all caps.

She has her reasons for not sharing the information, which I personally think is the mature adult way to handle things. It's been said that it's been handled and that person will not be bothering the other forum again. Isn't that all we wanted? Honestly, what benefit would everyone knowing the identity bring? It would satisfy our own curiosities but that's it. Of course we're all curious after all of this, I'm not denying that. But plastering their name across both forums would do nothing but cause increased drama. It would start the "I told you so's" "see it was/wasn't IES!" "We demand an apology"

The admin of the other site doesn't owe anyone here or there an explanation because it doesn't matter, and it won't better either forum. If she had been the one coming here to accuse someone from IES, maybe then she would owe at least an apology and maybe an identity but she hasn't done that so why does she owe anything to anyone? She did her job by handling the situation maturely and then continued to act like a mature adult by moving on.

Just as nobody on IES is responsible for the things anyone else on IES says or does - neither is anyone there responsible for any other member and the things they chose to do/say.

Considering we were blatantly and directly accused by IJP, I think we are owed at least an apology or more of an explanation than "it has been handled". When you are falsely accused of something as bold as hacking and deleting an entire website and it is determined that you did not do it, a simple "oops, we found the person and it wasn't you" isn't sufficient. To absolve IJP of providing more details into the true perpetrator is a bit too generous in my books. Considering the vocal hate they have for us (they still have threads titled IES on their new board) shows the level of contempt they continue to encourage. Please notice that we do not have any such threads on here.

One member of IJP made an accusatory post in the beginning. They made an accusation that somebody (not everybody) here had something to do with the hacking. Then some other members have stated why that person was lead to believe it was someone from IES. It was not IJP as a whole accusing every single person on IES of anything. Unfortunately nobody else besides the hacker and IJP admin know who did it so we can't really offer an explanation. And like I said, the IJP admin is not responsible for the actions of those who use her forum so she does not owe anything to anyone as she wasn't the one making accusations.

There is a thread with IES in the title on IJP but it's not there to bash all of the members here. It has nothing to do with the members. The thread is a warning about the Emetophobia Recovery System as a product and the lack of evidence for its efficacy as well as a video news investigation about its creator. People are free to take what they want from that information but they do deserve to have the information to make that decision.

At this point I don't know what else can be done except offer a sincere apology to all members of IES who have been offended by this entire situation. I know it feels bad to be wrongly accused of something you didn't do and if I or anyone else has made you feel personally attacked, I apologize.

Quote Originally Posted by Afdpt View Post
    it's been handled and that person will not be bothering the other forum again. Isn't that all we wanted? Honestly, what benefit would everyone knowing the identity bring? It would satisfy our own curiosities but that's it. Of course we're all curious after all of this, I'm not denying that. But plastering their name across both forums would do nothing but cause increased drama. It would start the "I told you so's" "see it was/wasn't IES!" "We demand an apology"

The admin of the other site doesn't owe anyone here or there an explanation because it doesn't matter, and it won't better either forum. If she had been the one coming here to accuse someone from IES, maybe then she would owe at least an apology and maybe an identity but she hasn't done that so why does she owe anything to anyone? She did her job by handling the situation maturely and then continued to act like a mature adult by moving on.
    Thats what IJP wants.

As far as i understand, you're missing the point. It has been implied that this isn't the first time such accusations have been made? if something to the other forum happens, and it causes its members to come here causing flames/trouble, then that is a problem. What the people here want is to be left alone, for these accusations to stop, and not repeat in the future when something unfortunate happens on that site. I really don't believe anyone here specifically cares for the identity of the hacker, i know i don't. Its clear to me the people here just want it confirmed that the hacking had nothing to do with IES members, can't you see that yes, IJP will be happy that the hacker(s) stopped bothering them, but what about its own members bothering us. If you can't understand that, then fuck it.

Consequently, if your site keeps getting attacked, and its true this has happened several times in the past (with accusations at IES), then what if members keep coming here and accusing people? = causing drama. so it really seems to make no difference then does it? Its better its confirmed that this hacking is the websites own problem and not a problem with our members here. I would i say the admin doesn't owe it to us to share knowledge of the hacking in detail of the identity, but certainly owes it to its own IJP members to tell them that actually, it wasn't to do with IES. this way its members will possibly resume behaving like mature adults and stop embarrassing themselves if not IJP. This animosity towards IES is like dealing with a crazed ex-girlfriend.
    Last edited by kyle1989; 09-22-2015 at 10:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mdgirl1977 View Post
    Kyle - I literally love your rational responses. I want to high five you through my computer screen.

Unfortunately I do not have the information to give you in order to provide the closure that everyone wants from all of this. I offered an apology and that's all I can do.

I do not have bad feelings toward either site. I have been a member of both and each has offered me a different type of support at times when I've needed it. I don't believe that one is better than the other as they are both just different types of forums with different people and different ideas about how best to handle emetophobia.

I can see the reasons some IJP members were lead to believe someone at IES was responsible for the hackings. I can also see why the members of IES feel tired of being accused. I don't know all of the details behind the feuds between the two. I know of one other time when accusations have been made (though I'm not claiming this to be the only time it has happened.) I wholeheartedly hope that the negative feelings between the two can end. I hope that IJP does not get hacked again and I hope that if it does that nobody will post about it or make accusations on IES.

Again, I wish I could offer you that final piece of information you feel is needed to feel satisfied and move on, but unfortunately I can't. I hope that you can accept an apology and be hopeful toward a better future where nothing like this happens again.

Quote Originally Posted by Afdpt View Post

Again, I wish I could offer you that final piece of information you feel is needed to feel satisfied and move on, but unfortunately I can't. I hope that you can accept an apology and be hopeful toward a better future where nothing like this happens again.
    I appreciate that, and i'm interested in IJP, i will be signing up soon. I personally don't want an apology from IJP site admins, or members. Though an apology from the people who came here stirring up shit and making accusations would be a broadly welcomed thing here i imagine.

I have nothing to move on from, what bothers me is people making posts that perpetuate a false impression. To me, by the sounds of it, it is some IJP members that need to move on. I don't appreciate you talking to me like i'm a distressed child, i think you're confused. I haven't expressed that *I* need anything, I only explained to you where you appear to be misunderstanding whats being expressed here. What people need here is for the IJP-driven drama to go away. It would help diffuse IJP member animosity towards the site if they knew the hacking was nothing to do with IES, wouldn't it? Because clearly the relationship to IES in the topic, and the animosity towards IES, has lead them to believe it without knowing the truth. If the truth diffuses it, then the admin should enlighten them that much. Who would want to keep their members distressed about a falsehood? That is the point of my post (answering the question highlighted in the quote of your post earlier), that appears to go over people.
    Last edited by kyle1989; 09-22-2015 at 11:50 AM.

My intention was not to make you feel like I was talking down to you so if that's the impression you got - I am really sorry. I was just pointing out that while you state that the members of IES want it confirmed that it isn't someone from IES - I do not have the power to provide that information. If I did, I'd share. I should have clarified that by "you" I meant members of IES who are upset.

Quote Originally Posted by Shubertgoddess View Post
    Sigh. Some people need to get out more. This is some of the dumbest and most immature shiz I've read in a LONG time. Hacking a message board is so 1998
    omg for real lol. this is embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Collie View Post
    omg for real lol. this is embarrassing.
    Yet you felt it necessary to bring up a pretty much dead thread to call it embarrassing... That's pretty embarrassing 😏

Quote Originally Posted by KaydeeJayde View Post
    Yet you felt it necessary to bring up a pretty much dead thread to call it embarrassing... That's pretty embarrassing 
    lol....you mean like you just did?

quit being a smartass about it and let the thread die. you don't always need to have the last word. especially when the OP of this thread already made an ass out of themselves anyways.
    Last edited by babyfairy; 10-05-2015 at 04:00 AM.

Where the heck are the mods around here?! We need active mods on this site. I'm not trying to resurrect this thread and apologies if it seems that way. This topic should be closed.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Att våga är att tappa fotfästet en stund, att inte våga är att förlora sig själv."
    "To dare is to lose your foothold for a moment, to not dare is to lose yourself."