Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: You need to read this

Couldn't agree with Cycle more xD can't people just co exist and not mention each others' forums? OK, so sometimes the advice given by this forum can help strengthen emetophobia - but you can't force someone into recovering if they don't want to. And if they do, they'll have plenty of support wherever they go.

I didn't see the IES warning thread. I don't have any idea who did this, but IJP needs to harden it's defenses to the best extent possible, like we had to do when this board came under attack. As far as I know, we never figured out who that was, although I know Franca admits that she heavily trolled here and caused a lot of headaches. I'm sorry your board is down.

KJ - have you considered that it was an internal job (like crazy Franca) to try to drum up hate for IES? why would someone announce where they were from? that's illogical.

Quote Originally Posted by KaydeeJayde View Post
    I haven't seen anyone posting IJP's link other than when it first started so that people knew there was an alternate to this site. There's no untruth to the fact that IJP promotes recovery in a way that IES never has. It's not "holier than thou", it's wanting to offer people the option to recover in a place that is more pro-recovery than pro-emetophobia (i.e.. how to avoid vomit rather than how to recover from the fear of vomit.)... and that's not "bashing IES or it's members", it's just stating the difference in the two approaches.

Okay, we get it, you don't care about IJP or its members or that it's down, but we do and the fact is that we want to know who is messing with the site, and while it might be no one from here, the board going down happened when someone posted on an "IES warning" thread that if the post wasn't taken down within 48 hrs, they'd wipe the board. Can you blame us for automatically jumping to the conclusion that it had to do with IES?
    what??? You started an entire thread about JN that turned into an insane witch hunt with everyone calling her crazy.

Beside the point. No one here knows who it is. And if it is someone from here, theyre obviously an asshole and aren't going to come clean bc some people from IJP are upset. Your best bet is to keep quiet and track their IP address and see if it matches someone's from here. If you alert the person by posting threads here, they're going to up their game and try and hide their steps.

Quote Originally Posted by cycle View Post
    what??? You started an entire thread about JN that turned into an insane witch hunt with everyone calling her crazy.

Beside the point. No one here knows who it is. And if it is someone from here, theyre obviously an asshole and aren't going to come clean bc some people from IJP are upset. Your best bet is to keep quiet and track their IP address and see if it matches someone's from here. If you alert the person by posting threads here, they're going to up their game and try and hide their steps.
    For real lmao.

I am apparently 3 maybe more people on there. I guess they did an IP search on someone defending me and it popped up like 10 miles from my actual IP for my fitgirl name...but OK I'm everyone, because that makes more sense than god forbid, people coming to my defense

The point is with a forum with a decent amount of IES bashing threads, and members of IES bashing threads it is very easy for some joe schmo hacker mctroll to find your board on the cheap platform its made on and claim they are from the place that is talked badly about. Like come on lol. Like I said, an alias was practically handing over to them
    Last edited by JadeNight; 09-13-2015 at 12:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mdgirl1977 View Post
    KJ - have you considered that it was an internal job (like crazy Franca) to try to drum up hate for IES? why would someone announce where they were from? that's illogical.
    She is like a resident troll ON that forum. Openly hates IES, and has gone above and beyond before to gang people up on each other. She has proven herself to have some dark internet skills. Just saying.
    Last edited by JadeNight; 09-13-2015 at 12:10 PM.

I don't know why or care why there are two boards. It's the internet, there can be 50 emet forums for all I care. I've been here for years and I don't know the beef with the boards and I don't care to know. But If someone here did it, then they did. If you can find out it was and get it fixed, awesome. But I think the majority of us here don't care. We don't have the time, the desire or the skills to even do that. Places get hacked, it's a fact. The internet is full of trolls, it could just be someone who enjoys seeing the two forums fight. And this is feeding it if that's the case.
    Im sorry it happened, truly. I would never wish a positive source for people to seek help to get shut down. But the drama and accusations wont solve anything. Calling the "maybe possible hacker" out won't do anything. Best of luck to getting it back up.
    Last edited by crd08; 09-13-2015 at 12:10 PM.
    “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”

“We are the girls with anxiety disorders, filled appointment books, five-year plans. We take ourselves very, very seriously. We are the peacemakers, the do-gooders, the givers, the savers. We are on time, overly prepared, well read, and witty, intellectually curious, always moving. We pride ourselves on getting as little sleep as possible and thrive on self-deprivation. We drink coffee, a lot of it. We are on birth control, Prozac, and multivitamins. We are relentless, judgmental with ourselves, and forgiving to others. We never want to be as passive-aggressive as our mothers, never want to marry men as uninspired as our fathers. We are the daughters of the feminists who said, “You can be anything,” and we heard, “You have to be everything.”

I'm really up for a pro-recovery board but this has put me right off joining IJP. Defi wouldn't feel safe posting anything with all this carry on! And actually I think this board's been a lot more pro-recovery recently which is awesome!

I haven't the foggiest what this other board is, or any of the people associated with it. But as Gumdropper said, there are lots of boards and such relating to emetophobia on the Internet and the more the merrier. The more info and awareness out there about emetophobia the more we all have a chance to benefit from more research. Some boards are formed from groups of friends here, and others for other reasons. But if a board is formed (as many have been) from disgruntled member(s) of IES it usually ends poorly for that board. I've seen it time and again over the past 15 years - either it blows up like this, or it just peters out because it's not running expensive software on an expensive server like IES is so Google can't find it and so it has few members and there's nobody there when you post.

Anyway, I'm really sorry that this happened to this other forum - I'm sure it's very upsetting. However it's probably best if we limit our discussions from now on to emetophobia itself?
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

IJP has been rebuilt for any members on here who might not have realised yet

Hannah - shorthand story --

The other stupid board keeps getting "hacked" whenever their numbers dwindle or people stop posting. I think they have 5 unique members with multiple handles who spend all day posting to themselves. They blame us for the hacking but it isn't anyone from here. Then they send over someone to post a whiny thread about how we are hacking them to try to drum up sympathy because big bad IES is bullying them. After 3 times of "hacking", we suspect that it is them doing it to themselves (ie, crying wolf) but no one cares at all. Literally, we don't care.

That is the entire story.
    Loool people can be so pathetic sometimes
    Even if we're breaking down, we can find a way to break through
    Even if we can't find heaven, I'll walk through Hell with you
    Love, you're not alone, 'cause I'm gonna stand by you
    --- Rachel Platten "Stand By You" ♥

Yep, forum is up and running and security has been upped. I'm hopeful that we can coexist... there's no reason why we can't mention other boards (I think) as long as it's not spiteful or defamatory. I'm not saying that's never happened on the other board but it's what I would like to see. It's unfortunate that we were hacked, but that has been dealt with now and the hacker's identity is known to our administrator now, and will remain anonymous. The reason some people were a little hasty towards IES is that this hacker alluded to being a member here and essentially seeking "revenge" on IES' behalf. So apologies for this debacle; let's all focus on recovery and overcoming our anxieties, and peacefully coexist.

Nobody was "sent" here to do anything, it was merely a frustrating time as we'd been hacked for the third time, and a lot of members rely on the site for peer support for recovery and we have an immensely supportive recovery community. Members are simply frustrated with that, and can't blame them. Not that you care, but as I said, the issue has been resolved and security has been increased.

Anyway, I'll end here as there's no need to continue this thread. Apologies once again, and take care!

Att våga är att tappa fotfästet en stund, att inte våga är att förlora sig själv."
    "To dare is to lose your foothold for a moment, to not dare is to lose yourself."

Quote Originally Posted by kaiilyn_23 View Post
    the hacker's identity is known to our administrator now, and will remain anonymous.
    Since you all were so quick to blame us, I think we are owed more than a simple "oops, apology, lets move on"...if it was not an IES member, we deserve to know that. Great that you are up and running. I would be happy to never see IJP mentioned here or IES mentioned there, which I think is up to IJP members since IES never brings up IJP and none of us are on your board. Clearly this hate/dislike is fueled by your board and it's members. So it is up to you to stop it. I bet $100 that there are IES bashing threads up on your board already, right? Maybe don't mention IES at all...if you are truly recovery focused and the anti IES, than be autonomous and don't even mention us at all...no threads trying to keep people from here because Rich is a "fraud", no bashing members by name or calling us groupies, no mention of how much better you guys are. The fact is this: your board tries to fuel the fake feud when really there is none. We do not care about IJP or its existence (or lack thereof). None of us were affected when you went down and we won't be again.

I do think it would be polite if your members, especially mods, wouldn't come here, though. We are a support board and your members really hate that viewpoint. We don't come to your board at all.

Since you all were so quick to blame us, I think we are owed more than a simple "oops, apology, lets move on"...if it was not an IES member, we deserve to know that. Great that you are up and running. I would be happy to never see IJP mentioned here or IES mentioned there, which I think is up to IJP members since IES never brings up IJP and none of us are on your board. Clearly this hate/dislike is fueled by your board and it's members. So it is up to you to stop it. I bet $100 that there are IES bashing threads up on your board already, right? Maybe don't mention IES at all...if you are truly recovery focused and the anti IES, than be autonomous and don't even mention us at all...no threads trying to keep people from here because Rich is a "fraud", no bashing members by name or calling us groupies, no mention of how much better you guys are. The fact is this: your board tries to fuel the fake feud when really there is none. We do not care about IJP or its existence (or lack thereof). None of us were affected when you went down and we won't be again.

I do think it would be polite if your members, especially mods, wouldn't come here, though. We are a support board and your members really hate that viewpoint. We don't come to your board at all.
    I'm a mod over there, but I've been a member of IES since 2010. Who are you to tell me i shouldn't come here?! I come here and try to be supportive. I don't hate the viewpoint of IES, I hate that people get blasted here for being realistic, but that's another discussion. My point is, I'm not going to stop coming here just because I've become a mod on another board. I assure you there are members here that aren't IJP members who hate IES as much as those on IJP do.
    Last edited by KaydeeJayde; 09-16-2015 at 07:20 AM. Reason: Spelling mistakes.
    Come visit my history blog:

There are plenty of members using both boards so to say that "none of us are on your board" is extremely incorrect. Sure, several members there dislike IES for their own personal reasons but that doesn't mean the entire other board has an issue with the entire IES board. Both boards are made up of many different individuals on their own journey.

We're all trying to recover and get support for our emetophobia. We all have different ways of doing that. I think anyone who wants to use either board should be able to. If some chose to just use one or other other because that's best for them - great. If they want to use both - why shouldn't they be able to do that?

ok let me rephrase. be on both boards but don't bash IES. be on 75 boards for all I care.

No one is coming here to bash IES, except maybe the original poster, and on IJP, there's only one thread and it's a warning about the "emetophobia recovery system"... Basically a buyer beware post. While i think that there will always be a bit of animosity on IJP about IES, the whole forum doesn't revolve around this site like you seem to think it does. There just seems to be a lot of emotions surrounding this whole thing... :/

Wowza. Harsh.

I don't know who the hacker is, whether he is or isn't from here... maybe I should have clarified that. Only our administrator knows the identity, all that we know is that it's been handled.

I've been a member here for 5 years now, I have no ill feelings towards anyone. I don't come here to bash the site or intrude with some superiority complex. I appreciate that this is a support forum, obviously because this is the first form of support I ever received with this phobia.

This thread should be closed, over and done with. For the life of me can't understand why there aren't more moderators appointed as I realize Rich and Sage are very busy.

Att våga är att tappa fotfästet en stund, att inte våga är att förlora sig själv."
    "To dare is to lose your foothold for a moment, to not dare is to lose yourself."

Sigh. Some people need to get out more. This is some of the dumbest and most immature shiz I've read in a LONG time. Hacking a message board is so 1998

When talking about the IJP site going down, I implore all of you to think about how crappy it felt when IES was gone for a week a few months ago.

When talking about the IJP site going down, I implore all of you to think about how crappy it felt when IES was gone for a week a few months ago.
    Totally agree. And you guys were super welcoming for the most part. But I don't think that's the point. We didn't come over there up in arms accusing you guys of hacking our site and starting shit on your boards. Just stop making everything IJP vs IES. We're all in this together, we can coexist without fighting all the time.

That's what I've been trying to say, we can co-exist. There was one member that was angry. If I personally did imply that it was definitely someone from IES, I apologise, that wasn't my intention, I merely wanted to say that it's possible that it was someone from IES that hacked the site, and it was possible... I want the two sites to coexist. I think that they both have their strengths, both offer things that the other doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by cycle View Post
    Totally agree. And you guys were super welcoming for the most part. But I don't think that's the point. We didn't come over there up in arms accusing you guys of hacking our site and starting shit on your boards. Just stop making everything IJP vs IES. We're all in this together, we can coexist without fighting all the time.
    I agree, we need to co-exist peacefully. I think that's important to remember for all of us is that both boards are made up of many different people. Its not like everyone on IJP hates everyone of IES or everyone on IES hates everyone on IJP. Maybe some do, there seem to be a few people on both boards who have really strong feelings against the other board as a whole but that's not everyone. Both are a collective group of people who are trying to recover from the same thing. Each board has its own method of dealing with it and each method will work better for different people but the end goal is the same for all of us (to decrease/eliminate suffering due to emetophobia.)

I think some members of both boards could have behaved better, more maturely in this situation but people become emotional about things they care about and I think we should be able to forgive them for it and move on. Hopefully this will be the last time something like this comes up since the other board has become more secure and we can move forward as two, sometimes overlapping, board full of people who continue to get better every day!

I believe anyone who wants to try a different type of recovery from emetophobia is openly welcome to IJP and I think that overall anyone from IJP is welcome to use IES as well. We all need to figure out what is best for ourselves in order to get better and get our lives back.

For what its worth, I think you all deserve to recover and leave this emetophobia in the past so I hope you do find what is best for yourself, wherever/whatever that may be!
    Last edited by Afdpt; 09-17-2015 at 08:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Afdpt View Post
    I agree, we need to co-exist peacefully. I think that's important to remember for all of us is that both boards are made up of many different people. Its not like everyone on IJP hates everyone of IES or everyone on IES hates everyone on IJP. Maybe some do, there seem to be a few people on both boards who have really strong feelings against the other board as a whole but that's not everyone. Both are a collective group of people who are trying to recover from the same thing. Each board has its own method of dealing with it and each method will work better for different people but the end goal is the same for all of us (to decrease/eliminate suffering due to emetophobia.)

I think some members of both boards could have behaved better, more maturely in this situation but people become emotional about things they care about and I think we should be able to forgive them for it and move on. Hopefully this will be the last time something like this comes up since the other board has become more secure and we can move forward as two, sometimes overlapping, board full of people who continue to get better every day!

I believe anyone who wants to try a different type of recovery from emetophobia is openly welcome to IJP and I think that overall anyone from IJP is welcome to use IES as well. We all need to figure out what is best for ourselves in order to get better and get our lives back.

For what its worth, I think you all deserve to recover and leave this emetophobia in the past so I hope you do find what is best for yourself, wherever/whatever that may be!
    Perfectly said.

IES has "Competition"?

thats kind of lame to look at it that way. IES has alternatives, Facebook, other forums etc. For one, this site doesn't compete to be a better site than anywhere because its clearly not member-led. The runners are out of touch with the members needs. Regardless, its pretty pathetic that two forums have a "feud" surely people have something better to do. But maybe its just me, maybe i live on another planet. I'd be surprised if a conspiracy against your site is "real". You're making an assumption by the sounds of it?

but i do agree with you, if its the case that the current owner Rich intensely inhibits the mention of other sources of help, then yes it is probably to do with his tie of selling his recovery program that i believe he sells. The site's purpose was shifted after it was sold. It is pretty shitty, but hey thats the world - it goes round based on self interest. go figure.

I hope everyone on that site, and this site, wherever they are, if they are emetophobic, i hope they have the support they need, be it Facebook, IJP, IES etc.
    Last edited by kyle1989; 09-22-2015 at 12:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kyle1989 View Post
    IES has "Competition"?

thats kind of lame to look at it that way. IES has alternatives, Facebook, other forums etc. For one, this site doesn't compete to be a better site than anywhere because its clearly not member-led. The runners are out of touch with the members needs. Regardless, its pretty pathetic that two forums have a "feud" surely people have something better to do. But maybe its just me, maybe i live on another planet. I'd be surprised if a conspiracy against your site is "real". You're making an assumption by the sounds of it?

but i do agree with you, if its the case that the current owner Rich intensely inhibits the mention of other sources of help, then yes it is probably to do with his tie of selling his recovery program that i believe he sells. The site's purpose was shifted after it was sold. It is pretty shitty, but hey thats the world - it goes round based on self interest. go figure.

I hope everyone on that site, and this site, wherever they are, if they are emetophobic, i hope they have the support they need, be it Facebook, IJP, IES etc.
    It was an assumption made with evidence (evidence isn't the right word but I cant think of the word I want)... The site went down after someone posted on a thread warning about Rich's recovery system (which is a reasonable warning, he's not the most honest person to be trying to help people with phobias...) that if the thread wasn't taken down, they'd hack the site. Assumption, but a reasonable one, wouldn't you say?

Let's put it this way. If there was a thread on IES about IJP (hypothetical situation before anyone jumps down my throat) where people were discussing how crap IJP is, blah blah blah. A member that no one has seen before with no previous posts comes along and posts, "if this thread isn't taken down in 24 hours, I'm going to take down your whole forum." The thread doesn't disappear, after all, you're within your rights to say what you want about anything, yes? Then, the 24 hours is up and the site goes down. Y'all would be assuming that someone from IJP did it, whether it was to do with IJP or not.

Cut BeenThere some slack, we were all upset when our support went down, just like you guys were when IES went down a few months ago. And yea, I know no one here came over to accuse us of being behind it, but please, stress makes people do irrational things (hello emetophobes, we all know that, yes?) and someone's support system going down can be really stressful.

It was an assumption made with evidence (evidence isn't the right word but I cant think of the word I want)... The site went down after someone posted on a thread warning about Rich's recovery system (which is a reasonable warning, he's not the most honest person to be trying to help people with phobias...) that if the thread wasn't taken down, they'd hack the site. Assumption, but a reasonable one, wouldn't you say?

Let's put it this way. If there was a thread on IES about IJP (hypothetical situation before anyone jumps down my throat) where people were discussing how crap IJP is, blah blah blah. A member that no one has seen before with no previous posts comes along and posts, "if this thread isn't taken down in 24 hours, I'm going to take down your whole forum." The thread doesn't disappear, after all, you're within your rights to say what you want about anything, yes? Then, the 24 hours is up and the site goes down. Y'all would be assuming that someone from IJP did it, whether it was to do with IJP or not.

Cut BeenThere some slack, we were all upset when our support went down, just like you guys were when IES went down a few months ago. And yea, I know no one here came over to accuse us of being behind it, but please, stress makes people do irrational things (hello emetophobes, we all know that, yes?) and someone's support system going down can be really stressful.
    Circumstantial is what you're looking for.

Nobody is going to cut anyone some slack when a person comes around here making rude accusations - that's a distasteful thing to do, one can argue you could cut us some slack in our reaction to it, what do you think?

Just to be clear, the "competition" reference was not to the OP but to gumdropper. I couldn't believe the mentality in that.

Quote Originally Posted by kyle1989 View Post
    Circumstantial is what you're looking for.

Nobody is going to cut anyone some slack when a person comes around here making rude accusations - that's a distasteful thing to do, one can argue you could cut us some slack in our reaction to it, what do you think?

Just to be clear, the "competition" reference was not to the OP but to gumdropper. I couldn't believe the mentality in that.
    Ooh, okay. I just wanted to make it clear that personally, I don't see IJP and IES as being in competition, they offer different things, and that's okay.

I don't think that circumstantial was what I was looking for either. A reasonable accusation was made. I'm not saying that it was right to accuse IES of taking the site down, I'm just asking that people here have some compassion towards the situation a lot of emets were in. I'm recovered, I don't really find myself needing a support system anymore but there are people on IJP that rely on it for support when they're struggling and I'm sure that we all know what it's like to lash out when we're stressed, and anyone who says they have never said anything they didn't mean when they were really stressing is not being entirely truthful.

Whatever, I guess you guys don't care at all. That's fine, I just wanted to give some perspective...

Quote Originally Posted by BeenThereSince9 View Post
    So, which one of you cowards keeps messing up other emetophobia forums and preventing other emetophobics from seeking help and recovery? Huh? Is it you, Rich? One of your cronies?

I don't think that circumstantial was what I was looking for either. A reasonable accusation was made.

Whatever, I guess you guys don't care at all. That's fine, I just wanted to give some perspective...
    I think it was only reasonable in that people who share animosity towards this site are projecting their personal animosity onto us as being shared toward them. It wasn't very reasonable to come here and make a post full of animosity like that.

Do you really think measuring how much the members here care about the situation based on the OP's post is accurate? That's mighty clever way to find out how much empathy and sympathy people have, by accusing them of wrong doing and being cowards or cronies of the owner who is being demonised.

I guess that means that all this aversion to the post was not what was hoped for?
    Last edited by kyle1989; 09-21-2015 at 02:50 AM.

Well it's definitely not me, I still haven't worked out how to log-in to this site without first having to click on private forums then it telling me I have to log in and do it from there How can someone hack in to an entire website though? I had a soap making one once and I needed a username & password to get into the admin bit - maybe the answer is closer to home and it's someone from that forum that isn't who they seem? I don't know. or can't the owner of the other forum go to the website provider people and ask them to look in to it? Surely there must be traceable IP adresses or something?

The thing is, without any proof I don't think it is helpful to come on here making accusations, and likewise if anyone doesn't like IES then please don't come on here causing trouble, I left here for a long time due to all the falling's out and it seems to have settled down again so it would be good to keep it that way. I feel sorry for anyone who found the support they needed on the other forum and have lost it that is a horrible thing to happen, i remember how i felt when IES was down the other month amd it;s not nice. I hope they get it sorted out soon.