Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default You need to read this

So, which one of you cowards keeps messing up other emetophobia forums and preventing other emetophobics from seeking help and recovery? Huh? Is it you, Rich? One of your cronies?

I noticed, Rich, that you recently reminded people not to discuss other forums. Getting under your skin, is it? That there are other forums? If you're seriously the one behind this, you are the worst kind of person to be running this forum. People genuinely suffer from emetophobia, and to take away a source of help and recovery from them is just sick. What is wrong with you? These are living, breathing people behind these user names - you are absolutely disgusting.

Default Re: You need to read this

please stop reposting the same thing. it's annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by mdgirl1977 View Post
    please stop reposting the same thing. it's annoying.
    Then don't reply to it. If even one person sees this and realizes what either Rich or someone from this site keeps doing to other forums, then it's worth it as far as I'm concerned.

I see your forum is down again, but I don't know anyone here who would want to do it. IES had plenty of hacks against it back in the day. I think it was one thing that led Sage to get frustrated and sell to Rich. Most of us don't have that skill level and if we did wouldn't use it to hurt other emets or anyone.

Wait, I'm confused, BeenThere. You said you left here because of Kaydee in a different thread so you left to go to the other board where she's a mod???? That makes no sense.

I don't post much on the other board, maybe BeenThere didn't realise it was me? I mainly stay in the background and moderate when I see need to...

I don't know if it's someone from here hacking IJP but if it is, I implore you to stop. Just like IES, there are people that really struggle without the board and it's helping people more than people here can fathom I think. Leave us be, who cares if we say some stuff that you don't like about IES? A lot of people are there because they haven't found the support they needed on IES, but that's not your concern. Maybe IES just doesn't offer the kind of support that some people need. You can talk all the crap you want about IJP, we don't really care... They're different forums, there's no reason they can't coexist.

Gotcha, sorry, Kaydee if that's the case, I thought it was common knowledge, I could be wrong.

I agree it's not cool if someone here is going there and causing problems, I can't imagine who though as I don't know any computer geniuses here or even any members who refer to IJP on the board or privately. Beyond that, wouldn't the mods know the IEP address of the individual who's broken into the system on IJP? Those pieces can be reported to the police, though I must say that anyone who takes the time to cause all of these problems is already living a pretty sad life whether it be someone here or someone there who feels the need to fake it for attention. Regardless, I do hope that it stops, it's petty and pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Syrup View Post
    Wait, I'm confused, BeenThere. You said you left here because of Kaydee in a different thread so you left to go to the other board where she's a mod???? That makes no sense.
    I'm well aware she's a mod there, but she's not the whole forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Syrup View Post
    Gotcha, sorry, Kaydee if that's the case, I thought it was common knowledge, I could be wrong.

I agree it's not cool if someone here is going there and causing problems, I can't imagine who though as I don't know any computer geniuses here or even any members who refer to IJP on the board or privately. Beyond that, wouldn't the mods know the IEP address of the individual who's broken into the system on IJP? Those pieces can be reported to the police, though I must say that anyone who takes the time to cause all of these problems is already living a pretty sad life whether it be someone here or someone there who feels the need to fake it for attention. Regardless, I do hope that it stops, it's petty and pathetic.
    All good, Syrup! I don't try to hide the fact that I'm a mod there, and frankly, the reason most people here who don't agree with me don't agree with me is because I try to be realistic in all circumstances, and that's what IJP is trying to achieve anyways, so I guess maybe I'm less 'abrasive' there?

I honestly get the feeling that it's someone to do with IES, not particularly a member here but someone associated with a member here because the site going down all seems to be surrounding IES drama (which I admit, there have been a few anti-IES threads, mostly because a lot of people on IJP hold a lot of anger towards IES.) I agree though. Whoever it is is a sad, sad person and I hope it all gets sorted.

I really don't think the board coming down has anything to do with us. No one on here cares at all about the other board. I know you guys want to think we care but we really don't. This board is just trucking along as usual. Maybe you guys got a member angry that your banned? Best of luck if you rebuild.

I am in favor of the existence of other emetophobia sites. IES has always had competition. Competition is good.

How is IJP being brought down? I really doubt anyone prominent at IES is involved in it. The IJP mods should make frequent backups of the site and make the site administrator passwords extra secure.
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by mdgirl1977 View Post
    I really don't think the board coming down has anything to do with us. No one on here cares at all about the other board. I know you guys want to think we care but we really don't. This board is just trucking along as usual. Maybe you guys got a member angry that your banned? Best of luck if you rebuild.
    I personally don't want to think anyone here cares. We're just trying to get to the bottom of who keeps hacking us.

Very few of us have that level of dark Internet skills if any. The ones I've known who were close would not have hurt your site. As I have said, it is not I, and that is all I know for sure. I can't even build a linux program from a tarball reliably ): Good luck if you rebuild, but pay attention to what Doug says. I think your site is vulnerable because of the forum software, which used to be the thing that made IES such an easy hack according to administrators here in the early days. We have had much less of that since 2009/10 when Rich took over and we've had this nice vBulletins software. I don't know if any upgrades are possible on a small (zero?) budget.

Unfortunately, whoever has hacked us has wiped the site clean. Our administrator can no longer access it. Accounts no longer exist. Regardless of who is behind it, it's incredibly frustrating and disappointing.

Att våga är att tappa fotfästet en stund, att inte våga är att förlora sig själv."
    "To dare is to lose your foothold for a moment, to not dare is to lose yourself."

I had a great response typed up but, honestly, I don't care to post it. Karma is a bitch. Rebuild, don't rebuild, come back here...whatever. But don't bash IES if you do come back. That's all.

I'm honestly so confused about whats going on now..I've been busy with school so haven't been on much..
    Even if we're breaking down, we can find a way to break through
    Even if we can't find heaven, I'll walk through Hell with you
    Love, you're not alone, 'cause I'm gonna stand by you
    --- Rachel Platten "Stand By You" ♥

Hannah - shorthand story --

The other stupid board keeps getting "hacked" whenever their numbers dwindle or people stop posting. I think they have 5 unique members with multiple handles who spend all day posting to themselves. They blame us for the hacking but it isn't anyone from here. Then they send over someone to post a whiny thread about how we are hacking them to try to drum up sympathy because big bad IES is bullying them. After 3 times of "hacking", we suspect that it is them doing it to themselves (ie, crying wolf) but no one cares at all. Literally, we don't care.

That is the entire story.

Like I posted before, I find it kind of funny that everyone extremely loyal to IJP assumes that its someone from IES. Why? The common belief that was seemingly the foundation of a separate forum was that IES is an emetophobia loving, drama starting, coddle fest. So now we are computer hackers? Where do we have all this time! Personally, I have two jobs, my brothers wedding in 3 weeks, and a girlfriend. Point being, we have lives!

Secondly, It doesn't take a rocket scientist to create an "identity" to hack a forum. IJP consistently posted something negative about IES or one of its members (I was bashed several times on there- for no good reason) Because of this consistency of having such negative things being said about this place and even using Rich's name, you all practically handed it over to whoever is the mastermind(s) behind CreateAForum getting into the subforums created on that software. They saw "Hey, this place has an "enemy". Let me pretend to be said enemy to deflect blame on me!"

You all had a board that yes "thrived on recovery" with a strong undertone of distaste for IES and how to be better than IES. (like it was ever a contest? what the fuck?) I have read quite a few of you bash this forum and then come back here and "help" struggling members. I say "help" because it reminded me of high school where you would pretend to care but snicker behind our backs because it was exactly so..

IJP members, remember where you came from. Humble yourselves and be better for yourself NOT be better than a group of strangers on an online forum. Everyone struggles and recovers from battles big and small. What is small to you may be big for someone else, and vice versa. Food for thought.

Stay nice. That is all.
    Last edited by JadeNight; 09-12-2015 at 04:53 PM.

I think the reason it seems that someone from IES is behind the constant hackings that we keep getting at the other site is that people (or possibly only one person behind different usernames) claiming to be from IES comes around and posts things making it clear they do not like our board for whatever reason. We've even had someone comment on a thread mentioning IES threaten to hack the site if the thread wasn't removed.

So I don't think it's unreasonable to believe someone from IES (associated in some way) is behind the hackings. Obviously not everyone on IES has anything to do with it or even knew about the hackings before it was mentioned here but I don't think it's fair to make a blanket statement saying that nobody here is behind it. There are loads of IES members. No way to know for sure that it is or isn't someone from here. I wouldn't expect the one/ones who dislike competitor sites to be posting their dislike and plans to hack another site because that would be stupid.

I honestly don't know the story behind the initial tensions between these two boards but I don't understand why it's so hard for some to just let the two boards co-exist. I can't understand how someone could be so cruel to keep trying to destroy a place that is making such a positive impact for many who are just trying to recover from a horrible phobia.

Quote Originally Posted by Afdpt View Post
    I think the reason it seems that someone from IES is behind the constant hackings that we keep getting at the other site is that people (or possibly only one person behind different usernames) claiming to be from IES comes around and posts things making it clear they do not like our board for whatever reason. We've even had someone comment on a thread mentioning IES threaten to hack the site if the thread wasn't removed.

So I don't think it's unreasonable to believe someone from IES (associated in some way) is behind the hackings. Obviously not everyone on IES has anything to do with it or even knew about the hackings before it was mentioned here but I don't think it's fair to make a blanket statement saying that nobody here is behind it. There are loads of IES members. No way to know for sure that it is or isn't someone from here. I wouldn't expect the one/ones who dislike competitor sites to be posting their dislike and plans to hack another site because that would be stupid.

I honestly don't know the story behind the initial tensions between these two boards but I don't understand why it's so hard for some to just let the two boards co-exist. I can't understand how someone could be so cruel to keep trying to destroy a place that is making such a positive impact for many who are just trying to recover from a horrible phobia.
    This is so well said. The tensions come from the fact that in the beginning, IJP was pretty much an alternate support site for people who had been mistreated here on IES (and you can all say what you want about 'whining and bitching' but IES has driven a lot of people away, and I feel awful and guilty that I think I was a part of some of it. Then stuff was said about me and I guess I'm either stronger or more stupid than those who left, but it feels like shit.) so there's been a bit of hostility, most of which has dwindled. The thread that pertained to IES was literally just a warning about the recovery system. IJP was a positive place that was focused on recovery. Aside from a little residual hurt over IES, I don't understand anyone's beef about it.

Personally, I do think it's unfair to jump back into the boards spamming every sub forum making a rude thread accusing someone of hacking another forum. What good does that do? Create drama that IJP is so against? Chances are the person doesn't really care about how you feel unfortunately for they already have a spiteful agenda OR plot twist! It's actually nobody here. We will never know. But coming on here to make a blanket accusation is equally as unfair. It doesn't bring your forum back so make best use of your resources now. Best of luck

If someone doesn't like a forum then avoid it.
    Stay on the forum(s) you like and don't get on the ones you don't like.

I don't think it's someone from IES. The forum is on a free server and it could be someone else.
    Last edited by khernández99; 09-12-2015 at 07:22 PM.
    Original Register Date w/Old Account: 27 December 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by khernández99 View Post

I don't think it's someone from IES. The forum is on a free server and it could be someone else.
    Cosign this post!!!

I agree with this. I'm not sure if you were referring to me or not. I don't personally have anything against IES though I prefer the other site because I've found more of the support I needed there. It was best for MY recovery and that's why I've preferred it lately. It's also why I'm disappointed by what has happened and all of the negativity toward that site. When IES went down they welcomed me and pushed me to recover in a way I didn't even know I needed. But now that site is gone so I came back here because I still have a touch of Emetophobia in me and I'm determined to get it out. This is the other support group i know of so I came back to continue to give and receive help.

It may not be anyone from here, I was just pointing out the reasons some may be lead to think it was.

Quote Originally Posted by JadeNight View Post
    Personally, I do think it's unfair to jump back into the boards spamming every sub forum making a rude thread accusing someone of hacking another forum. What good does that do? Create drama that IJP is so against? Chances are the person doesn't really care about how you feel unfortunately for they already have a spiteful agenda OR plot twist! It's actually nobody here. We will never know. But coming on here to make a blanket accusation is equally as unfair. It doesn't bring your forum back so make best use of your resources now. Best of luck
    I do agree it's unfair to make a blanket statement accusing anyone of anything. My interpretation of the original post is that they were upset and frustrated that this happened again. It didn't come across to me that they were accusing every single person here of the hacking at all but implying that the person/persons responsible may be on IES for the reasons I previously stated that make it seem that way.

I obviously can't speak for the OP but wanted to acknowledge your statement since you quoted/replied to me.

I'm sorry if anyone feels wrongly accused because that's not fair. Blanket assumptions are not cool whether they're about IES, IJP or any other forum.

I miss IJP. I do. I think that maybe people are blaming this site for the hacking because someone threatened it, someone who was upset about a post regarding IES and had actually said they would shut IJP down.

I'm upset because I liked that place, it focused on recovery.

You can not like something and just ignore it. Or even speak your mind and be heard. Or you can be a complete jerk and ruin it for others ~ which is what happened to that site. Whomever it was needs a hobby for sure!

I agree with this. I'm not sure if you were referring to me or not. I don't personally have anything against IES though I prefer the other site because I've found more of the support I needed there. It was best for MY recovery and that's why I've preferred it lately. It's also why I'm disappointed by what has happened and all of the negativity toward that site. When IES went down they welcomed me and pushed me to recover in a way I didn't even know I needed. But now that site is gone so I came back here because I still have a touch of Emetophobia in me and I'm determined to get it out. This is the other support group i know of so I came back to continue to give and receive help.

It may not be anyone from here, I was just pointing out the reasons some may be lead to think it was.
    I wasn't referring to you. It was for everyone.
    Last edited by khernández99; 09-13-2015 at 06:12 AM.
    Original Register Date w/Old Account: 27 December 2012.

I feel like all the 'tension' people speak of between the two boards comes from IJP itself. Since it started people have been posting links to it with a holier than thou attitude about 'recovery' and how IES doesn't promote that. I mean, there are entire THREADS on IJP either blatantly bashing members here or just IES in general. You can scroll through threads here, there are none about IJP unless it's one of its members coming here to accuse someone of hacking into their site. I can speak for myself when I say I definitely don't have the computer know how to do that. I dont know what happens off the forum, maybe there's some facebook controversy, but I don't think there's a forum 'competition.' I mean, these are forums for people who are afraid of vomiting, why compete over that?

Bottom line is, if you are a member there, great. If you are a member here, great. If you are a member at both, great. Nobody cares. Calm the fuck down!

cycle - your last sentence says it all. seriously. WE DON'T CARE ABOUT IJP.

Quote Originally Posted by cycle View Post
    I feel like all the 'tension' people speak of between the two boards comes from IJP itself. Since it started people have been posting links to it with a holier than thou attitude about 'recovery' and how IES doesn't promote that. I mean, there are entire THREADS on IJP either blatantly bashing members here or just IES in general. You can scroll through threads here, there are none about IJP unless it's one of its members coming here to accuse someone of hacking into their site. I can speak for myself when I say I definitely don't have the computer know how to do that. I dont know what happens off the forum, maybe there's some facebook controversy, but I don't think there's a forum 'competition.' I mean, these are forums for people who are afraid of vomiting, why compete over that?

Bottom line is, if you are a member there, great. If you are a member here, great. If you are a member at both, great. Nobody cares. Calm the fuck down!
    I haven't seen anyone posting IJP's link other than when it first started so that people knew there was an alternate to this site. There's no untruth to the fact that IJP promotes recovery in a way that IES never has. It's not "holier than thou", it's wanting to offer people the option to recover in a place that is more pro-recovery than pro-emetophobia (i.e.. how to avoid vomit rather than how to recover from the fear of vomit.)... and that's not "bashing IES or it's members", it's just stating the difference in the two approaches.

Okay, we get it, you don't care about IJP or its members or that it's down, but we do and the fact is that we want to know who is messing with the site, and while it might be no one from here, the board going down happened when someone posted on an "IES warning" thread that if the post wasn't taken down within 48 hrs, they'd wipe the board. Can you blame us for automatically jumping to the conclusion that it had to do with IES?
    Come visit my history blog: