Quote Originally Posted by Afdpt View Post
I think the reason it seems that someone from IES is behind the constant hackings that we keep getting at the other site is that people (or possibly only one person behind different usernames) claiming to be from IES comes around and posts things making it clear they do not like our board for whatever reason. We've even had someone comment on a thread mentioning IES threaten to hack the site if the thread wasn't removed.

So I don't think it's unreasonable to believe someone from IES (associated in some way) is behind the hackings. Obviously not everyone on IES has anything to do with it or even knew about the hackings before it was mentioned here but I don't think it's fair to make a blanket statement saying that nobody here is behind it. There are loads of IES members. No way to know for sure that it is or isn't someone from here. I wouldn't expect the one/ones who dislike competitor sites to be posting their dislike and plans to hack another site because that would be stupid.

I honestly don't know the story behind the initial tensions between these two boards but I don't understand why it's so hard for some to just let the two boards co-exist. I can't understand how someone could be so cruel to keep trying to destroy a place that is making such a positive impact for many who are just trying to recover from a horrible phobia.
This is so well said. The tensions come from the fact that in the beginning, IJP was pretty much an alternate support site for people who had been mistreated here on IES (and you can all say what you want about 'whining and bitching' but IES has driven a lot of people away, and I feel awful and guilty that I think I was a part of some of it. Then stuff was said about me and I guess I'm either stronger or more stupid than those who left, but it feels like shit.) so there's been a bit of hostility, most of which has dwindled. The thread that pertained to IES was literally just a warning about the recovery system. IJP was a positive place that was focused on recovery. Aside from a little residual hurt over IES, I don't understand anyone's beef about it.