Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

and she was perfectly okay with it. i was so surprised at how she
    acted, she told me how badly she used to be afraid of the dark.

she was so normal with it, she was just like "it's fine, maybe you'll
    grow out of it, we'll get you some help, it's going to be okay." and
    it's so weird knowing that one day I won't be afraid, that i won't have
    to live with this anymore, and how it's JUST a phobia.

she also told me the acutal act of vomiting isn't really that bad, it's just all the apprehension beforehand.

also, i emailed a few counsellors in my area to ask if they deal with phobias, i'm so happy right now.

(if anyone remembers, i was going to see a psychiatrist before. that
    was when i lived in victoria, i now live in whistler so i'm not going
    to see that psychiatrist, haah, if that made sense)

(just letting myself be notified of replies, I always forget to do that,, haha!)

That's great Lizzo! =] I told my mom last year after uh..11 years but I wasn't so successful, but I'm happy for you. One day I'll get rid of this too. =] I wish you good luck with your journey to get over this.
    <font color=PINK><center>Believe in Yourself</center></font>

you too! good luck

Quote Originally Posted by lizzo
    she also told me the acutal act of vomiting isn't really that bad, it's just all the apprehension beforehand.

I think she's right about that. THIS is what causes so much anxiety.

You're very lucky to have such a great mother [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    ~*~Charlene~*~

thank-you

Hey Liz-

CONGRATS!!!!

It's great that your mom is so accepting- and talking to you I know that you are right on the cusp of getting over this thing. A good counsellor can really make the difference

Piece of advice- trust your instincts! You don't have to stick with the first one that you go to....if you don't find them helpful, or don't get the right vibe from them- don't feel obligated to keep going back to them. Find someone that you are comfortable with, and that you feel is compatible.

Once again.......

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks amber! I've had to go to counsellors for some other issues, so I
    hope I can just find one in Whistler that will be accomodating.

How are you feeling? You said you weren't feeling well earlier on msn

I'm sure you will find one that works for you

As for me....I still feel nasty. My boyfriend is feeling better- stomach still a little upset, but he thinks he will be fine for work tomorrow. He also didn't have a fever....which I do. I did manage to eat some soup- which is better than nothing. Stomach is heaving- but so far nothing has come up. I hung out in the bathroom for an hour this morning, expecting that it would inevitably happen- but just heaving, no action. I couldnt even stay home today....had to go finalize my ticket to Tasmania, and held a review session for the class I TA (which was impossible to reschedule at this time). So.....I bit the bullet and kept busy. It was probably helpful- didnt have time to concentrate on how crappy I felt! When I got home I did as much work as I could on my thesis too...figured if I laid down I may feel worse! (my fear now is waking up with worse symptoms)

Oh well.....what can ya do. I'm just glad I didnt spend the night at my boyfriends....me being sick is one thing. But dealing with him sick would have made me even worse! Two sick people- one bathroom. Not a good ratio.

*Typhoid Amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Amber, you're such a trooper!

I wish the best of luck to you and hope you don't acutally have the flu.

Lots of fluids, and rest!

that is so great! i love to hear how she tried to relate with you about being afraid of the dark. tell your mom shes a great mom!
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching.

I told my parents about my Emet and they already knew about it. They just didn't know what it was called. They had observed my behavior for years, like how I would run away from anyone who was sick, they knew and they were sort of accepting about it (They think it's kind of silly). I was talking to my case worker today and I was telling her about Rotten.Com and how I go there sometimes and look at the pictures. I told her what the pictures are of (Mostly of dead bodies, horrible accidents, decapitations, that sort of thing) and she said, "It's funny, you can go to those sites but you can't be around vomit." And I laughed cause it's true. Anyway CONGRATS I'm glad that you got such a good reaction.

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!