Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Advice?

Default Advice?

Hello, I'm new here.
    I'm only 15 and suffered with this phobia for as long as I can remember, but the past month it has been at it worst. I can't eat, leave my house, go to school or do basically anything without having frequent panic attacks. I try to control my worrying by telling myself it's irrational but I can't stop it. I've tried therapy, relaxation and all kinds of medications and natural remedies to help me get by, but nothing seems to be working. I don't want to lead a miserable life filled with fear. Does anybody have any advice to help me control it? Or even better; to reduce my anxieties? It would be greatly appreciated

Default Re: Advice?

What kind of therapy have you tried? CBT? It's worth trying it again if you can - some therapists are better than others. Have you heard of Thrive? Google it and look on Youtube if you haven't. Might be worth giving that a go.

Obviously you can't carry on how you are now. This is a hideous phobia to have but I don't think there's an easy solution. Facing your fears, learning to deal with anxiety and slowly changing your way of thinking is the way forward. All these things can be learnt with a good therapist. It's hard work but it should help.

Also you need some distractions - exercise, fun, friends. It's depressing thinking about v all the time. Sorry I don't have a magic solution, I wish I did.