Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Positive thought which may or may not help you guys

Just a little something which I thought about recently...

Kinda inspired by the ghostofthesun and her post about when 'it happened'.
    She said something about how the pain was so severe that she couldn't even focus on her fear of v*...

This may sound like I'm saying the opposite, but, when you're next very n* and even in what I call the 'near stages' of v*, realise that it is most of the time 100% PAINLESS. Of course, with ALOT of sv*s and poisoning comes abdominal pain but most of my near incidents and my classic anxiety n*, realising that my body is otherwise 100% fine really helps. I remember the worst pain I think I ever felt has been trapping my finger in the door or spraining ny neck. Now I KNOW for sure you guys had been through so much pain than me(I stay away from any opportunity for pain haha) and well, when you're next having a case of n*, try observing how perfect your body feels. If I'm not mistaken, our brain is full on fixated on our stomachs anyway.

Just a thought...

Default Re: Positive thought which may or may not help you guys

I like this. For me one of the keys to breaking out of my habit of thinking I was sick all the time was actually to focus ON my stomach. I realized that when I was "n*" if I actually took notice of my stomach - it felt fine. All of the things I thought where n* were not. Once I realized that calmed down so much.

I like your idea of noticing how perfect everything else feels. It puts into perspective how minor the n* and possible v* actually are.

Default Re: Positive thought which may or may not help you guys

That's so true actually! When I give myself The Talk, when I'm feeling anxious, I swallow and assure myself if my tummy feels settled, I'm very very well. But yep! It's as you always say , we can totally handle it, its a natura thing!!