Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: 2 things.

Hybrid View

Default 2 things.

Okay so, the first thing I wanna ask is if anything bad happens when you get a flu shot. Next month I might be getting one, what with this dreaded season approaching, and I would like to know if any of you have experienced v* side effects from it.
    The second thing is that yesterday I went to school, and last night I forgot to wash my face, because I'm so sleep deprived all week that as soon as Friday night hits I feel close to dying so I just fall straight asleep sometimes. But I misbehave a lot at school so like yesterday I was on the floor climbing under this fence outside and so obviously the floor holds a lot of germs. And then I touch my face a lot because I'm always covering it and so all the germs from school and the floor are going on to my face. And then when I sleep like my mouth sometimes touches the bed where my face has been, with all of those germs from forgetting to wash it. So I'm not sure if that could possibly make me ill as well. I just need some reassurance, I guess. Thank you.

Default Re: 2 things.

No, you're fine on both counts

I had my flu shot and posted on here about it, but I was kind of over reacting cause I thought I might actually be sick with something.

First off, I'm severely underweight, so that probably added to my side effects. I had a fever of about 102 and a headache, but no v*. I missed the day of school after I got my shot, but if even I didn't v* at my unhealthy weight, you should be fine! You probably won't even get any, I have no memories of side effects before my weight dropped. You'll be fine.

I get a flu shot every year and have never had any side affects.

I have always gotten a flu shot and also never had a bad reaction, nor has anyone I know personally. From what I know it's a dead virus so can't infect you with the flu itself. Maybe if your immune system is low you feel a bit unwell as your body does its thing to build immunity, I'm not sure. I know some people swear that the shot makes them sick and i can't prove otherwise but the majority of people have no bad effects from the shot.

I have a compromised immune system and am one of the first people to get a flu shot ever year. The most severe reaction I've had is mild fatigue and tiredness the day after. The flu shot contains a DEAD virus, therefore there is no way it can possibly cause you to become ill with the flu.

Just had a flu shot on Monday and no side effects

Some people get side effects some don't. My hubby has had a reaction both times. Within 15 minutes he's lightheaded and nauseated and passes out. They said he's allergic to something, so he won't get it. I've never had it not have my kids 5 & 9. They won't ever get it either. We've all had the flu and out of all of us I had it the worst. My son had it 2 years ago and got tamiflu and was good within 24 hours. We lived in a house with 7 people and my niece, nephew, and bro and sis in law lived across the street and no one got it from him. We've always opted to not get it and let ours bodies do the fighting and help our immune system build up its strength. Last year when my daughter got it it was like a cold for her, she did end up with a ear infection from it but that's it, me I felt like death and slept for 4 days. Lol