Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Please anybody on

So I haven't been on here in months even weaning myself off posting in the groups on Facebook anybody a part of those?

But tonight I think it might happen I'm so scared. Today felt a bit iffy queezy. So put it down to my period being due.

Was hungry and had no cramps etc so assumed all was ok. Except then I went to bed woke up and thought 'oh I don't feel great' as I came round I realised I felt super queezy. A bit like you've stepped off a tea cup ride. Tried to not panic but I feel like if I let myself id be gagging.

I'm having mints but feel like they aren't making a diff I've had 2 cyclizine again they aren't touching it and had a mint two. I've also had two quite loose bm. No cramps or anything or tummy pain though. But from memory this is how my last nasty sv began

Default Re: Please anybody on

How are you now?
    Sounds like your period is due, I get awful
    N* with mine sometimes and always forget how I always get it before my period lol..and yep, its like a quesy hot feeling isn't it? I don't know where you are but its been super warm in England, and making me question how I feel cos warmth makes emet another worry aspect lol..

Anyway, I'm sure you're fine and hopefully got some sleep.

ALSO! did you eat when you felt hungry?
    A classic moment for us emets is when we feel hungry, get past the happy-hungry stage and fall into n*!
    If you felt hungry before and didn't eat anything I'm sure its that.
    Happened to me the other day, was in a panic zone for three hours and suddenly my tummy gave me the instinct to eat so I did and I felt super all day.
    Hope ur ok

Default Re: Please anybody on

I wouldn't be surprised at all if it was because of your period. With mine I can sometimes have significant pain/cramping, sometimes nausea, sometimes nothing, sometimes insatiable hunger. It all depends. My TOM was last week and I had one night where I woke up similar to you - feeling just generally unwell with an upset stomach and feeling of possibly needing to be sick. I initially tried repositioning with no luck. Finally I decided, "Ok body - lets get this over with if it has to happen." And the feeling decreased and I fell asleep. It was like as soon as I stopped fighting the idea my body let go of the anxiety (because I took away its power) and there was nothing to keep me awake. I still had a little bit of stomach discomfort/feeling unwell but without the added anxiety the symptoms were minimal and I was able to sleep it off.