Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Holidays.

Default Holidays.

Feeling pretty stupid right now. I'm on holiday with a friend, four days in. Having an amazing time. Been really good at eating (and normally I'm really not good at that on holiday). Woke up in the night just now feeling anxious for no reason. Well except my stomach has made a few gurgling sounds. I had a lovely fresh meal at a beautiful restaurant last night, fresh fish. And I had five or so alcoholic drinks over the course of a long evening. Wasn't drunk, just relaxed. I wake up feeling like I have done something wrong to eat and drink more than normal and panic it means I am going to be ill, just because I'm on holiday and some times people get ill on holiday. I want to cry. Why does this have to happen.

Default Re: Holidays.

Well you seem like you're not feeling ill so you could literally just tell yourself now 'heyy I'm on holiday, I've eaten and I'm fine!' Although I know its not that easy...

I think in this case you really need to save the panic for the close times, which is highly unlikely if the restaurant is clean and everyone else is OK...you had a bit to drink, please don't feel bad!!! It's your holidays..and yep people get sick but usually from dodgy water so what I would do is be very careful with what water you get and if you're that worried, buy shop-bought food like salads and if you're REALLY panicking then stay off meats...likelihood is that you'll be perfect. It just sounds like a bad anxiety attack to me tbh..also I recently heard that alcohol is a no no for anxiety ...I had some wine last night and I won't lie, it actually calmed me down but I know if I keep up my new drinking habits I'll get anxious again as I used to..that lead me to really bad thoughts and obsessions about emet!

Please enjoy your holiday (: